GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Mobile program switching not updating

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
So I had my gti re-flashed so I could get the 100 octane race tune. Before I had the following tunes with K04 V3.1:

Stock Load Levels
93 octane
91 octane
Valet

I had the 91 tune replaced with the 100 octane tune, also apparently the latest K04 software is V3.2, so when I open APR mobile it should read:

Stock Load Levels
93 octane
100 octane
Valet,

However it is still showing the old V3.1 files with the 91 octane tune in slot 3. I called the shop that did the re-flash, and they claimed that there is an issue with the apr mobile software and that I needed to uninstall and reinstall the software on my Ipad and re-pair it with the dongle. I tried that and still the same result. Anyone else have this issue? And if you did what did you do to fix it?

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Also anyone know what to look for while datalogging to see if the new 100 octane tune is there or not? I would imagine the timing would be more than the 93 tune.

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Yes, that was one of the first things I tried. I even went so far as to do a factory reset on my Ipad. Still no luck. gonna call the shop today to see if they can check it out to make sure they actually flashed it.

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Finally figured out what was wrong. Had the shop reflash again and the guy who did it showed me a pic of the apr software when he was flashing it so I know the 100 octane tune is there. Plugged in apr mobile after i got home and still got my old tunes in the ecms. Did some more googling and turns out you have to uninstall apr mobile through itunes, not just delete it directly from your apple device. After i reinstalled the apr mobile software again it updated to the correct tunes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
What's the difference between V3.1 & V3.2 ?

I believe 3.2 offers 2 features.

No lift shift (NLS) and launch control.

The 3.2 file is the same power wise as 3.1.