GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official MK6 GTI Exhaust Thread

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
CTS fitment is hit or miss. Love my borla, couldn't tell you if it's quiet without a downpipe tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roctre

Ready to race!
Hey all!

Just got my 2014 GTI MK6 DSG and wanting to make some changes so it feels more like "my car". New to this forum and read pretty much this whole thread and every link you all have posted at least twice now and it has only made making a decision harder hahahaha

I'm not wanting to make my car loud or overly noticeable. Looking more for just a deeper sound. From everything Ive read / seen / listened to over the last week...
CBE either Borla or Nuespeed

Or do I go the extra mile and look at the CTS TBE setup?

I don't really know too much about this stuff so any opinions and suggestions would be great.

Cheers lads

I run the borla CB with a catless DP and love the setup so much. It is loud as hell when you go WOT but when your cruising it is pretty quiet. On the highway you know its there if you have no music on but once you have some music playing the tone of the exhaust is quieter than the wind hitting your car. Also the Borla and the Nuespeed are two of the loudest exhausts for these cars and if I were you do what I did where I got my DP first then decided if I wanted more sound because the DP will give you the deep sound you want.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Hey all!

Just got my 2014 GTI MK6 DSG and wanting to make some changes so it feels more like "my car". New to this forum and read pretty much this whole thread and every link you all have posted at least twice now and it has only made making a decision harder hahahaha

I'm not wanting to make my car loud or overly noticeable. Looking more for just a deeper sound. From everything Ive read / seen / listened to over the last week...
CBE either Borla or Nuespeed

Or do I go the extra mile and look at the CTS TBE setup?

I don't really know too much about this stuff so any opinions and suggestions would be great.

Cheers lads

Unitronic TBE is dope.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Corrin27

I run the borla CB with a catless DP and love the setup so much. It is loud as hell when you go WOT but when your cruising it is pretty quiet. On the highway you know its there if you have no music on but once you have some music playing the tone of the exhaust is quieter than the wind hitting your car. Also the Borla and the Nuespeed are two of the loudest exhausts for these cars and if I were you do what I did where I got my DP first then decided if I wanted more sound because the DP will give you the deep sound you want.

2 of the loudest, cheers for the info haha the videos made them seem bit louder than stock when idling but cruising fairly quiet. I drive 30ish kms to work on the highway everyday so quiet while cruising and no drone is pretty essential haha

By just getting the DP will tuning be required?

Roctre

Ready to race!
2 of the loudest, cheers for the info haha the videos made them seem bit louder than stock when idling but cruising fairly quiet. I drive 30ish kms to work on the highway everyday so quiet while cruising and no drone is pretty essential haha

By just getting the DP will tuning be required?

If you can live with a check engine light for the cat then no tune needed.

Corrin27

I've read there is ways around that eg- spacers and stuff.

Does that legit work to get rid of the CEL? I can tell it will just annoy me after a couple of weeks seeing it every day hahaha

Roctre

Ready to race!
I've read there is ways around that eg- spacers and stuff.

Does that legit work to get rid of the CEL? I can tell it will just annoy me after a couple of weeks seeing it every day hahaha

From what ive read the spacers are hit or miss.

oldtype2

Ready to race!
I've read great things about the Unitronic downpipe but is it worth spending $90 more on the APR cast downpipe?

Sent from oldtype2 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

itsintrinzik

Hey everyone, I bought an exhaust system from a forum member here, its a Unitronic catted downpipe with Magnaflow catback exhaust. I am looking forward to having it installed this Friday. Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Just curious to know anyone's subjective opinion on tone, drone on highways/around the city. I have watched many exhaust videos and read as much as I can. The one Unitronic DP + MF catback exhaust video on YouTube seems to show a pretty mean deep tone.

Renck

Ready to race!
Hey everyone, I bought an exhaust system from a forum member here, its a Unitronic catted downpipe with Magnaflow catback exhaust. I am looking forward to having it installed this Friday. Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Just curious to know anyone's subjective opinion on tone, drone on highways/around the city. I have watched many exhaust videos and read as much as I can. The one Unitronic DP + MF catback exhaust video on YouTube seems to show a pretty mean deep tone.

Congrats!

I'm going to mate a similar downpipe, but with an Eurojet catback. I'm still waiting to receive the needed parts to be able to connect the two pieces.

Please share a video when you are done with your installation. I'll try to do the same as soon I'm done with mine.

Laimface

Ready to race!
Here's some exhaust sound of my setup (with some engine bay turbo):

3" Scorpion DP
Stock cat back with Vibrant bottle resonator

Teachmehowto20

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey yall, new to the GTI community as well.
I am not seeing many people run a Remus setup. From their videos the sound is so nice. I even searched for one in FS and only found one ever FS used (hopefully because people love them so much). I would love a sound similar to that, does anyone know which catbacks are on the quieter, deep tone side?

SJC

Ready to race!

I have the catted Unitronic DP , Unitronic CAI and Unitronic stage 2 tune.
Ordered a Magnaflow cat back exhaust yesterday.