GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTA Guys with Tunes, How are you doing with Passing Ontario Emissions Test

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
^^ this is what I said earlier -- I have 09 with apr stg 2
I have a stock not test pipe file and the rest are 91/93.100 test pipe

I have to switch to "stock mode" drive for 200km of so to get sensors ready and then go for etest
:thumbsup:

TheHIGHLife

Ready to race!
^^ this is what I said earlier -- I have 09 with apr stg 2
I have a stock not test pipe file and the rest are 91/93.100 test pipe

I have to switch to "stock mode" drive for 200km of so to get sensors ready and then go for etest

I'm making an appointment at Mittler Motors in Newmarket this Wednesday to reflash to stock and do the e-test. They are quoting me ~$300.00 to reflash to stock, take for e-test, then reflash to stage 2. Seems very pricey just to pass the e-test.

Curious, do you have a down pipe? I assume so as you're stage 2...

I would prefer them to just flash to the non-test pipe file and do the rest myself. But they keep insisting the $300 route is what I need to do...quite annoying.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I'm making an appointment at Mittler Motors in Newmarket this Wednesday to reflash to stock and do the e-test. They are quoting me ~$300.00 to reflash to stock, take for e-test, then reflash to stage 2. Seems very pricey just to pass the e-test.

Wow.. 3 bills? You should take MLue1 up on his offer man

TheHIGHLife

Ready to race!
Wow.. 3 bills? You should take MLue1 up on his offer man

I appreciate MLue1's offer but I've been told by multiple sources the simulated stock mode for my stage 2 version will not pass. So at the very minimum I need to reflash to the non-test pipe file before trying again. I've got until Saturday until my temp sticker expires so hopefully I can get this sorted out soon. :(

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
The offer still stands, PM sent. I'm not working so I'm available most times.

Put it in the simulated Stock Mode ASAP, drive around for a day or so, if you're near Markham swing by and I'll use my OBD scanner to see if you get a Green light to go do the eTest.

The price is $0, so there is no cost except your time. If it goes green with no codes I would run without hesitation to the nearest eTest Centre.

Getting a temporary stickers is not expensive as far as I know and better than #300

Last edited:

TheHIGHLife

Ready to race!
The offer still stands, PM sent. I'm not working so I'm available most times.

Put it in the simulated Stock Mode ASAP, drive around for a day or so, if you're near Markham swing by and I'll use my OBD scanner to see if you get a Green light to go do the eTest.

The price is $0, so there is no cost except your time. If it goes green with no codes I would run without hesitation to the nearest eTest Centre.

Getting a temporary stickers is not expensive as far as I know and better than #300

Yeah, unfortunately it's a time issue for me, I work 12+ hour days...again I appreciate the offer but APR and multiple tuning shops have told me that simulated stock mode will not pass the readiness test. Essentially they told me it's a waste of time to try that.

Yes, temp stickers are not expensive at $15 a piece but you're only allowed two in a 365 day year and this is my second.

I will try and get Mittler Motors to reflash to the stage 2 non-test pipe file and then maybe I could try your reader before heading in for an e-test. I drive 100+ km's per day so there should be no issue with the driving part after reflashing.

Nodnarb

Passed Driver's Ed
You should probably ask mario at k&h for a price before handing over 300.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Def ask Mario at K&H before tuning from anywhere else! I passed emissions this year with Unitronic Stage 2 Tune on my GTI. I have plenty of mods done on this GTI; still passed etest.

Drive on over to your go-to shop, ask them to scan your car for any codes that will cause your car to fail emissions. If there are codes, get them fixed, before you go do the etest - unless you want to risk it, and fail, then pay to do it the second time. Not only do you pay with money, but time and energy. Just stay ahead of your car.