GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive k04 File: Tuner's, show me what you got!

Halvie

WOOSA
Yeah, RAI wants a 700 for the software and then another grand for a custom tune. I'd rather not, Zhijjawi blew a turbo on the first go round with them. Apparently they lack the skill to correctly tune with Maestro. No thanks.

I wouldn't go to a shop that makes a customer pay a grand four times and still can't get the tune right, but a bunch of the first EFR turbos were supposed to have a high failure rate. Could be totally unrelated to whatever RAI did.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
John@Uni--Have a high output TSI K04 file for me at waterfest and I will happily switch from APR. I wanted to switch over the winter but APR dicked me around for too long and I missed your sale by two days.

You're from my hometown area. Perhaps I'll be back visiting family sometime soon so you don't have to wait until Waterfest. :thumbsup: Send me an email to john@unitronic.ca

mk6lol

Passed Driver's Ed
We set both the stock turbo and K04 records with the same files that we give to every customer. We are testing a K04 file with more boost, coupled with the new DSG flash, that we hope will equate to even better times.

if this is still on pump, then ill be more then happy to come on and get an update

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
I have considered switching tunes to Eurodyne. I would like to go back to back on the dyno to see what is best!

We need the all the tuners to go head to head on the same car on the same dyno and see who is the best! GIAC vs APR vs UNi vs Eurodyne vs Revo

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
You're from my hometown area. Perhaps I'll be back visiting family sometime soon so you don't have to wait until Waterfest. :thumbsup: Send me an email to john@unitronic.ca

:thumbsup: now that is customer service at its best, my vote is is contact UNI if you want the fastest and smoothest cars around but you guys probably already knew that.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
I just don't believe APR employees with k04 cars are running out the box tunes.

Most here run the production software. I had the boost turned way up on my FSI for long term testing since I have the longest running K04 in the country.

For the most part it seems people enjoy reliability over getting every last ounce of power out of any setup. There are surely exceptions to that rule, but that's what we mainly see here in the USA.

A_Bowers

Isn't the 100 octane mode the aggressive tune for the K04?

I recall getting a phone call from someone about knocking on that tune.

Wonder who that would be Lou????? ;)

Sub par 100oct fuel on that aggressive of a tune will do it.

I've heard crazy numbers and power from that specific tune though.

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I've heard crazy numbers and power from that specific tune though.

I see about 2-2.5mph gain in the 1/4 mile on the 100 octane apr tune at the track. Ive run ms109 and the tt101 race gas. That's about 20ish hp gain. I guess for these cars that is massive/ crazy numbers.

A_Bowers

I see about 2-2.5mph gain in the 1/4 mile on the 100 octane apr tune at the track. Ive run ms109 and the tt101 race gas. That's about 20ish hp gain. I guess for these cars that is massive/ crazy numbers.

Just from a timing increase. I'd say so.