GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Blow-off valve

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
Pretty sure nothing is being over analyzed. The reason people say they're different from each other is because the name. One vents or "blows off" and one "diverts" or recircs. The example you gave isnt even logical becuase youre not changing the valve youre changing the piping. It's still diverting the air, just because you removed the pipe doesnt mean the valve type changes.

I know I'm not changing the valve, that was my whole point... It was a rhetorical question.

I honestly couldn't care less what you call it. Both release pressure, both prevent compressor surge. My main point is that I think it's hilarious that some people in the VAG community get their panties in a wad when someone calls it a BOV verses a DV. It's no different than what's under your hood. Some people call it a motor, some call it an engine. You can get technical all you want about it, but when it comes down to it, it really doesn't matter because everyone knows what "motor" or "engine" means in casual speak.

ali10006

Passed Driver's Ed
I have install the forge blow off valve kit on my Golf R,
And i got a second person saying that the blow off valve kit is reducing the power and he suggest that i have to remove it and fix the original one.

Any real test with or without the blow off valve kit?

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
And i got a second person saying that the blow off valve kit is reducing the power and he suggest that i have to remove it and fix the original one.

I don't really know how it would reduce the power? If it's vented to the atmosphere, your A/Fr would probably go rich between shifts since the ECU is assuming that air is being recirculated back into the system, which I guess could cause a small, momentary loss of power. It might also cause a slightly slower transient boost response, but that wouldn't even be noticeable since the turbos on these cars are so damn small and boost happy.

Either way, if it's recirculated from the factor, you should keep it that way. Unless you could somehow switch to speed density, which would be a huge waste of time/money

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion

VTA or recirculated BOV....there is NO power loss between the two setups. It's just a matter of preference.

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
GOLF R uses a recirculating DV that goes back into the intake manifold. Running a BOV that vents into the air makes the car run rich for a few seconds. Doesn't seem to effect performance according to " auto myth busters"

However changing out the stock DV for a aftermarket BOV is not really recommended as the stock DV is electronically controlled and has the ability to open and close faster than aftermarket ones.

I ran the Forge bov adapter on my car. I didn't like it too much , you hear too much of the turbo noise and less of the Psssst unless you have the windows all the way down.

If ppl really want that bov noise i'd go with the HKS BOV which is one of the best BOV that produces the best noise.

Olly_R

Olly_r, i noticed your running 3" non res. I've been thinking about the difference between non res and res, what is your opinion? is it much louder? do you hear drone at cruising?

I just did Stage 1 , i'm going to put in HPFP shortly and do 1+ , can't wait:)

the 3" is awesome with flapper delete ad the cat removed. No drone, sounds like a gunshot when you change gear on the gas. Highly recommended. I don't really want or need a cat back. stage 2+ is fckn awesome with the HPFP and the intercooler and intake. take your pick VWR was my weapon of choice, along with a diverter kit and it sounds spot on. Seems to change gear much faster (DCG) and the acceleration is insane.

No drone at all!

Olly_R

GOLF R uses a recirculating DV that goes back into the intake manifold. Running a BOV that vents into the air makes the car run rich for a few seconds. Doesn't seem to effect performance according to " auto myth busters"

However changing out the stock DV for a aftermarket BOV is not really recommended as the stock DV is electronically controlled and has the ability to open and close faster than aftermarket ones.

I ran the Forge bov adapter on my car. I didn't like it too much , you hear too much of the turbo noise and less of the Psssst unless you have the windows all the way down.

If ppl really want that bov noise i'd go with the HKS BOV which is one of the best BOV that produces the best noise.

I get full on flutter with the diverter kit. The diaphragm in the stock DV is flimsy as hell so I didn't wanna risk it blowing. One of my favorite mods so far!

you don't want a psssssthhh - sounds cheap and like someone above said they should be for Subarus and evos. etc

1FastGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the forge bov kit and LOVE it it sounds amazing and no power loss but they are telling the truth about it running rich but only for around .6-1 second until it closes depending on how high in the rpm range you are and another plus it helps cut down on blow-by (even w/ a catch can) if you keep an eye on it you'll notice an oily residue on the bov itself so.... :p V-Dub LOVE baby