GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Media Player Issue

ali10006

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone,

Am having an issue with my media player as it suddenly goes to AUX and I cant change the song, and I have to turn off the car to get it again to the normal situation.

I took it to the agency few times but the couldnt solve the issue, first that update the software, then they replace the cable, and then they replace the Media. And still am getting the issue again.

It doesnt happen every time.

Is anyone have the same issue, and what could be the solution for that?

This is the video to explain what happen

http://www.ot2.com/download/24943/trim.2A885CEF-07B4-4019-A22D-8E67346014AE.MOV.html

Last edited:

ides1056

Ready to race!
I've had issues from the get-go with the audio. Sometimes my ipod is recognized, sometimes not. Sometimes the CD switches to ipod, etc. Given that software in ipod is not the same as that in the car's unit, I am not surprised, and haven't done more than mention problem to my dealer, because I don't really want them to rip the unit out of the dash, and then face other problems.

ali10006

Passed Driver's Ed
So what could be done? is there any solutions?

or just restart the car every time when getting this issue!!

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
See your salesman, let him run you thru the proper operation of it. I am not sure but i have the RNS510 in the GTI and what ever the newer one with nav is in the Turbo beetle. And i think how it operates is it may go back to the last media you were using.

IE, shut down with blue tooth, it and it looks for blue tooth when you restart, ipod, looks for aux, band looks for sat or am, fm whatever.

Your operation may be normal/ i know sometimes i may have to go back to media once or twice to switch from SD, blue tooth, aux, band.

Damn VW too many options.