GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

15000 Mile Service Notice?

Desertnate

Passed Driver's Ed
Starting my '14 GTI this morning I had a warning the car would need service in 500 miles which would put me at the 15000 mile point. I found it odd since the previous service was at 10k miles and there is no mention of a 15k service in the manual. The dealership even noted the next service to be at 20k in the maintenance log of the service manual.

Is this common? A dealer ploy for more money? I doubt it would be covered by the service plan since it isn't a documented requirement.

Any insight from past experience on this? I tried searching around, but the 15km service for metric countries muddies search results.

Thanks

Jaber

Modero
Some dealers recommend earlier oil changes, every 5k, versus 10k. My wild guess anyway. Try calling the dealer and see why it's set that way.

Desertnate

Passed Driver's Ed
I've seen all the silly adds from dealerships for our other cars, but this one makes no sense to me based on what I'm seeing.

I'll have to call them. I was hoping someone might have encountered this, so I could go in a little better prepared.

I find it odd that the service manual, the dealership logs, and the sticker the dealership put on my windshield all say 20K miles for the next visit, yet that silly reminder popped up.