GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is a clutch master fx100 enough?

Jr152gti

Currently my clutch had been slipping, and i a purchased a clutch master fx 100(stage 1). The only modifications i have on my 13 Gti is an apr stage 1 ecu upgrade and a cold air intake. I dont plan doing much more to it (other than a catback system) any time soon becuase i am still a high school student going to college soon. i was wondering if the cm fx100 will last me for a good while just daily driving and a bit of spirited driving.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if many people have gone w/ that clutch. I definitely would have gone a little higher than that. What power is it rated for? For example, if they state fx100 is good for 300hp/300tq, then you should be fine at stage 1 and 2.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Go with the fx250 if you wanna go stage 2 max. It's good enough for stage 1. Fx100 not worth to get, especially when you urge to want more like ko4 and realize you'll need a better clutch.

I had fx250, and am pretty satisfied, slightly heavier than stock, grabby and not a hassle to drive in traffic.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Currently my clutch had been slipping, and i a purchased a clutch master fx 100(stage 1). The only modifications i have on my 13 Gti is an apr stage 1 ecu upgrade and a cold air intake. I dont plan doing much more to it (other than a catback system) any time soon becuase i am still a high school student going to college soon. i was wondering if the cm fx100 will last me for a good while just daily driving and a bit of spirited driving.

hs tuning or southbend > clutchmasters

^^This.

So many people have had issues with Clutchmasters clutches going out or failing early on them. Multiple local guys I know had clutchmaster clutches go out within 7k miles on power levels the clutch should have easily been able to handle. When asked, clutchmasters would send out a new kit, but they refuse to pay labor. So if you put this clutch in, and it goes out, even under warranty (less than 12k) they will send you a new one, but you will be on the hook for another install charge ($600-900). Or in the case of one of the local guys here, he was sent a bad replacement that didn't work when he got it, and had to pay for a 3rd install, because again, clutchmasters refused to pay labor despite their clutch being shitty quality.

I would highly suggest going with Southbend. They also do not pay labor, but you won't have issues with their clutch kits.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
don't get clutch masters...i previously had CM FX350...go with HST RSR...oem feel with OEM NVH

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i love my fx350 but i'd say an fx100 is more of an oem replacement vs. an upgrade. it'll probably be limited to stage 2 power levels. call and ask the vendor before you buy these sorts of things for verification.