GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE MK5 & MK6 2.0T TSI HIGH FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE KIT

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It seems IE i in a lot of shit about their product reliability. Exspecially all the post about how their IE450T kit imploding a number of peoples vehicles even when they got the full IE engine builds that cost like 15k.

And all their intake arms snapping off.

Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
It seems IE i in a lot of shit about their product reliability. Exspecially all the post about how their IE450T kit imploding a number of peoples vehicles even when they got the full IE engine builds that cost like 15k.

And all their intake arms snapping off.

I think this is why sometimes it's best to not try to reinvent the wheel. Companies that have had the same product for years have that experience with them. There's a reason the big 3 have had largely the most success with their products.

baniels

Ready to race!
Last edited:

BlackedOutZ28

IE was very quick to respond. I already have a tracking number for a replacement with an upgraded mounting bracket. Can't ask for much more.

My experience mimicked yours. IE was quick to respond and get the updated intake pipe sent out. Even through the holiday season!

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Would anyone with the revised pipe mine explaining (with pictures if possible) the changes that were made?

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Intake came out less than year now, but I wonder IE will take care of this problem after more than year operation under warranty?

CHerna

Ready to race!
I should be getting mine Friday. If I have time to work on it I'll snap some comparison pics.

In for some pictures also.

I'm looking at this with my engineering hat on. I would like to see the changes made for this failure. I'm also wondering when the clean-point was. I've only had my intake a few months.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Can everyone who has had this issue post the date they ordered it? Mine is still working and looking great with no signs of wear at that connecting point.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Can everyone who has had this issue post the date they ordered it? Mine is still working and looking great with no signs of wear at that connecting point.

I got my in February. The bracket bolt keeps getting shaken out and I've replaced it about 3 times. So it hasn't been bolted on for a good amount of the installed time. Mine is only fractured, but it definitely will break soon.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
I got my in February. The bracket bolt keeps getting shaken out and I've replaced it about 3 times. So it hasn't been bolted on for a good amount of the installed time. Mine is only fractured, but it definitely will break soon.
Did you use oem bolt? I've check oem mounting bolt and don't see loose bolt.
I purchased Feb. and think that was 2nd batch and eliminated front air duct mounting bracket.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Did you use oem bolt? I've check oem mounting bolt and don't see loose bolt.

I purchased Feb. and think that was 2nd batch and eliminated front air duct mounting bracket.

Yes, I've used both oem and m6 bolts from autozone. The last one fell out after maybe a week of driving. I think my mounting point may be stripped

BlackedOutZ28

Mine has been on for a little over 6 months now. I'm wondering if this up and down, freezing cold and then heating up caused mine to snap.

baniels

Ready to race!
I installed mine first week of April last year. Lasted about 8.5 months.