GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Kingdom scratched Laguna while patching tire

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!
Got my tire patched at Tire Kingdom yesterday after searching google for the best reviewed tire place nearby (dealer is closed on weekends, and tuning shops also closed). I decided tire kingdom would be pretty safe because that's what they do all day everyday. I asked the guys there to be very careful with my wheels as I'm a little protective with them (I don't valet, always lower my mirror when parallel parking, and don't let anyone else drive my car). They said they understand how I feel and that he would put his best guy on it. I felt relieved and thought this would be an easy process. Tire was patched and re mounted. I was hoping they had Hunter machines that mount the tire on the rear of the wheel but they didn't. I don't know who does around here.

anyways after I got the car back and before I left I did an inspection and noticed a scratch where the machine hit my wheel.

Am I being anal, expecting too much, or being unrealistic in thinking that wheels should not be damaged when mounting new tires or patching? What would you guys do about this scratch? I know its not horrible but Ive had my car for about 2 and a half years and not gotten a single nick, scratch, scuff, or curb rash on my wheels. They had it for 20 minutes and scratched a mint condition Laguna. All 4 of my wheels are / were mint condition up until this point.

I guess at least the damage seems to be in the space between the tire and the real visible part of the wheel but still, it was a perfect wheel when I took it in and I even had them inspect it before hand and mark down, "no curb rash or scratches"

The service writer did say that he would talk to his manager Monday since all wheel repair places were closed at the time (430pm on Saturday) and get back to me with what they can do.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I have to say the damage is very minute. I understand how you feel first of all. But They aren't going to replace the wheel. Maybe they can discount a service, but I feel like its a casualty of the business. Tire mounting isnt perfect science.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Roctre

Ready to race!
Dude you're not being to anal at all. If I bring something that is in mint condition I expect it back in mint condition. When I got tires put on my new summer wheels this year the guy that did it told me after wards he was super careful with my wheels just so he wouldn't scratch and I assume he did that since he noticed that I clearly care about my car more than the average person.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I feel your pain, American Tire or in some parts of the Country Discount Tire, did a number on my car. They hit 2 of my rims with an impact and put decent chips in my rims. I SAW the guy do it through the glass window. Got the manager, talk to the worker and he said that it was there when the car came in. Manager did nothing, I wrote to cooperate office and never heard back. Never going there again.

Very Very difficult to find quality work for anything these days. Then flat out Lie? WTF?? What ever happened to the Customer is always right?

OP can you tell me what photo app your using to display photos? I am trying to upload photos with no luck. Thanks. Then I can show you guys what they did to mine.

Jeff

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Americas tire snapped a stud on my car before while torquing down the lug nuts. They owned up tho and wrote me a service ticket. Had it fixed the next day. If the scratched up my mint wheels I would expect some compensation also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Americas tire snapped a stud on my car before while torquing down the lug nuts. They owned up tho and wrote me a service ticket. Had it fixed the next day. If the scratched up my mint wheels I would expect some compensation also.

Yeah wishful thinking. My word against theirs is basically what it came down to and to this day still have not heard from their cooperate office. Dont think I ever will.

In a perfect world I guess.

Jeff

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!
I feel your pain, American Tire or in some parts of the Country Discount Tire, did a number on my car. They hit 2 of my rims with an impact and put decent chips in my rims. I SAW the guy do it through the glass window. Got the manager, talk to the worker and he said that it was there when the car came in. Manager did nothing, I wrote to cooperate office and never heard back. Never going there again.

Very Very difficult to find quality work for anything these days. Then flat out Lie? WTF?? What ever happened to the Customer is always right?

OP can you tell me what photo app your using to display photos? I am trying to upload photos with no luck. Thanks. Then I can show you guys what they did to mine.

Jeff

I’m using photobucket. Then just inserting the /img link

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!
Dude you're not being to anal at all. If I bring something that is in mint condition I expect it back in mint condition. When I got tires put on my new summer wheels this year the guy that did it told me after wards he was super careful with my wheels just so he wouldn't scratch and I assume he did that since he noticed that I clearly care about my car more than the average person.

I was hoping they would be more careful with my car too. They commented on it just being waxed and how clean it was. Had the manager go out and inspect the wheels and note on the paperwork that there was no scratches on the wheel.

I think I saw when it happened too, they have windows in the waiting room so you can watch what’s going on if you want. I saw the guy slip with the arm that presses down on the tire to get it off the bead so it can be removed. My stomach sank when I saw that since I knew what the outcome was probably going to be.

It’s one thing if I curb a wheel, but someone else doing something to them is frustrating

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Got my tire patched at Tire Kingdom yesterday after searching google for the best reviewed tire place nearby (dealer is closed on weekends, and tuning shops also closed). I decided tire kingdom would be pretty safe because that's what they do all day everyday. I asked the guys there to be very careful with my wheels as I'm a little protective with them (I don't valet, always lower my mirror when parallel parking, and don't let anyone else drive my car). They said they understand how I feel and that he would put his best guy on it. I felt relieved and thought this would be an easy process. Tire was patched and re mounted. I was hoping they had Hunter machines that mount the tire on the rear of the wheel but they didn't. I don't know who does around here.

anyways after I got the car back and before I left I did an inspection and noticed a scratch where the machine hit my wheel.

Am I being anal, expecting too much, or being unrealistic in thinking that wheels should not be damaged when mounting new tires or patching? What would you guys do about this scratch? I know its not horrible but Ive had my car for about 2 and a half years and not gotten a single nick, scratch, scuff, or curb rash on my wheels. They had it for 20 minutes and scratched a mint condition Laguna. All 4 of my wheels are / were mint condition up until this point.

I guess at least the damage seems to be in the space between the tire and the real visible part of the wheel but still, it was a perfect wheel when I took it in and I even had them inspect it before hand and mark down, "no curb rash or scratches"

The service writer did say that he would talk to his manager Monday since all wheel repair places were closed at the time (430pm on Saturday) and get back to me with what they can do.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Tire kingdom never crosses my mind for ANYTHING related to tires, rims nothing. I go to Autoglitz. Here In ft Lauderdale, FL. Real good work!!!

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!
Any one have tires mounted with a Hunter machine? They do it with the face of the wheel down so if there is any contact it’s on the backside of the wheel... guess I’ll have to find a shop with those machines when it’s time for new summer tires.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Any one have tires mounted with a Hunter machine? They do it with the face of the wheel down so if there is any contact it’s on the backside of the wheel... guess I’ll have to find a shop with those machines when it’s time for new summer tires.

You in west palm?

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I'm like you picky about my stuff and these people never let me down. They even use torque wrenches to tighten your lugs! [emoji33]

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!
I'm like you picky about my stuff and these people never let me down. They even use torque wrenches to tighten your lugs! [emoji33]

What people are these? I go to USP in Coral Springs for all my performance stuff but I honestly though a big brand like tire kingdom would be able to remount and tire without gouging the wheel.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
What people are these? I go to USP in Coral Springs for all my performance stuff but I honestly though a big brand like tire kingdom would be able to remount and tire without gouging the wheel.

Ive known for a while that tire kingdom and other big brands sucks so i went on the hunt and found Autoglitz and they do quality work at reasonable price.