GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how much DSG Oil Change Cost?

JISUN_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I am currently past 40K Mile on mk6 and its time to get a DSG Oil change.
i already done Oil change and just need DSG Oil Change.

I contact local VW Dealer and local European Mechanic they Quotes me

$450~$600 for a just DSG Oil Service...

how much did you guys pay?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
600 for dsg oil change???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you act like thats unheard of? Dealers try and charge people $900 for it before.

$450-600 is usually the going rate at shops and quality dealers. Jay is probably the best priced though of everyone :thumbsup: but you have to be local to him or drive to him

Its a tiny bit more complicated than drain and fill like the manual transmissions. The DSG is supposed to be at a certain temperature and some places weigh/measure what left so they match exactly what goes in to not overfill. Then there is a small cycle of test to be done afterwords iirc.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
you act like thats unheard of? Dealers try and charge people $900 for it before.

$450-600 is usually the going rate at shops and quality dealers. Jay is probably the best priced though of everyone :thumbsup: but you have to be local to him or drive to him

^ thanks. $40 off for anyone that comes from out of state :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :cool: :cool:

FF_animal

Ready to race!

Its a tiny bit more complicated than drain and fill like the manual transmissions. The DSG is supposed to be at a certain temperature and some places weigh/measure what left so they match exactly what goes in to not overfill. Then there is a small cycle of test to be done afterwords iirc.

I'm just going off what my local dealer charges which is 395. They applied a coupon during summer last year and it brought it down to 265.

Jaber

Modero
Most dealer techs are on strike around here. Pretty risky if you need to have any major service done.

Dealer called me few days ago, asking if I wanted to schedule my 40k. Said it was somewhere around $500, prob closer to $600 after tax. DSG alone was around $350 + tax.

JKoehle

Ready to race!
are you guys high or just don't know you're getting ripped off? here in FL it's $250 before tax. was the same in NY

Jaber

Modero
are you guys high or just don't know you're getting ripped off? here in FL it's $250 before tax. was the same in NY

Yeah, everyone should drive down to NY and FL for their scheduled maintenance.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

My dealer wants $650 for the 60k service which is oil change and spark plugs.. i did it myself for about ~$185 in parts (Oil, Filter, R8 Coils, plugs, and fuel filter)

And someone else (from the same dealer) was quoted 700 for the DSG service. For the 80k service which is a regular service plus DSG they wanted $950 that person told me.
Im in Floirda :/ guess we didnt get the memo.

Last edited:

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I buy the service kit off Amazon for like $140 and do it myself. I top fill using a $7 funnel. Then measure what came out and put that much in after my car has been left out overnight. I don't have vagcom to get the appropriate temp to use plug. Details are in my build link in my signature. I've done 2 flushes at 86k miles and shifts are smooth as butter.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I buy the service kit off Amazon for like $140 and do it myself. I top fill using a $7 funnel. Then measure what came out and put that much in after my car has been left out overnight. I don't have vagcom to get the appropriate temp to use plug. Details are in my build link in my signature. I've done 2 flushes at 86k miles and shifts are smooth as butter.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
im still about 19k away from my next schedule DSG service(im at 61k miles) but i only put on about 8k miles per year if that. so i have atleast 3 years before i would consider another DSG change and by then ill probably be in another vehicle.