GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Reversing camera work with aftermarket headunit?

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
VW Reversing camera work with aftermarket headunit?

Anyone know if its can be modified to work or seen it done by anyone?

Flynnigan43

I'm having the Kenwood DNX520VBT head unit fitted next week, and would love to have the camera linked...I'm with you Snoopy - eager to find out!

mjhubbard

Ready to race!
It all depends what camera you want.

Some of the cameras from VW use composite video (like a cable TV connection) this is because VW uses different manufacturers. The Camera for the Golf, the one that flips out all cool, uses component or RGBS which is 4 separate wires.

Depending on what type of video input your unit allows, it can be done. The power and control is all done via wiring separate from the head unit.

If your unit does not accept the right video feed to support the OEM camera, they do make converters that can do this.

Again, it all depends on which camera you want to use and what kind of video your head unit accepts.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Thanks.
I was wondering about the OEM factory fit flip out camera,
but was not sure what the outputs from it were.
I was also thinking of the Kenwood DNX520VBT or the Kenwood DNX9280BT so will have to find out what inputs they allows.

Thanks.

Last edited:

mjhubbard

Ready to race!
The gentex mirror with screen is expensive though.

There are two versions of the flip out camera. One has RGBS out and the other has composite out (think TV cable connection)

dmbbilly41

The gentex mirror with screen is expensive though.

There are two versions of the flip out camera. One has RGBS out and the other has composite out (think TV cable connection)

I am looking for the composite out version. Do you know where I can find this model? Or do you have the model numbers? I would greatly appreciate it:thumbup: