GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD-510 & USB Options

mdonders

ballin'
I am taking over my wife's MK6 Gold (she got into an SUV for the baby) and had a few questions.

The car came with factory bluetooth & an RCD-310. I bought an RCD-510 (part number 1K0035180AE) for her car last year. We are facing the Bluetooth Mono issue & still trying to get a dealer to apply the TSB for us. In the meantime I had a few questions about some alternatives.

Two questions -
  1. Does the RCD-510 (or MK6 Golf in general) support USB input into the radio? I found these two kits on ECS and was wondering if the radio would support this?
  2. Is it possible to install an aftermarket radio and still retain the factory Bluetooth controls (near the sunglass holder) & use the existing microphone?
Thanks in advance for your help with this!

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
1. No. There was a version for the Chinese market that supported USB input, but it took a different cable, didn't have Satellite radio, and I'm not 100% sure it supported bluetooth. You can get the head units and cables for cheap on aliexpress, but there's nothing in the US for it.

2. You can get a kit with some aftermarket radios that retains your steering wheel controls, I'm not sure if that would incorporate the ceiling buttons, too. Maybe someone else has a better answer for that one.