GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REVO pulling out of California?

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to the forum. I picked up a used MK6 GTI at the beginning of this year, and I have been debating what tune to go with and I have been leaning towards going with REVO since there's a couple of dealers close by home and work. However, I was recently talking to a rep from Mod Bargains and he was hinting that REVO is in the process of pulling out from the California/U.S. market. Does anyone know this to be true?

Feel free to move this thread if it's in the wrong place.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Not familiar with Mod Bargains? Who are they and what do they do? Only Place I know kinda sorta close to me to do VW work is PURE motorsports in SD. Very expensive place though. PURE wanted $300 just to install front end Dead Set Kit :yikes:

I mean I saw a guy on Youtube install them first time in his garage in like 2-3 hrs on jack stands and never did it before. PURE I am sure could have this job done in an Hour for $300, and that is NOT including the parts, thats JUST labor. Crazy.

Jeff

CHerna

Ready to race!
Well, REVO killed Eurojet off. Not sure what that is an indication of, but it's something.

Pacific German

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Being the Master Revo Dealer for Southern California, we flew out to the UK earlier this year to attend the Revo dealer conference and were also awarded the Revo US Dealer of the year 2016. I assure you guys, Revo is stronger than ever. We (the US dealers) work closely with the guys in the UK now, any dealer telling you otherwise should contact their Revo rep!

Being the Master Revo Dealer for Southern California, we flew out to the UK earlier this year to attend the Revo dealer conference and were also awarded the Revo US Dealer of the year 2016. I assure you guys, Revo is stronger than ever. We (the US dealers) work closely with the guys in the UK now, any dealer telling you otherwise should contact their Revo rep!

This is great to hear. I was a bit thrown off by it since I got the feeling that Revo was a strong tuning brand and couldn't find any information regarding them pulling out of the U.S. Would you be able to shed some light on whether or not Revo is carb legal in CA? Or is any tune carb legal?

CHerna

Ready to race!

So does REVO have exhaust systems coming down the pipeline? I wrote them a while ago and never got a response.

So does REVO have exhaust systems coming down the pipeline? I wrote them a while ago and never got a response.

I would be interested in learning this as well since it seems it's been in the works for the MK7 for some time, but never really heard much about the MK6. Been debating going with the Cobb DP and CB exhaust, but would definitely be interested in seeing if Revo has anything on the agenda.