GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For those with HPFP's....

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
just curious if any of you replaced the cam follower at the same time? I know your mileage was probably low, but just curious about this.

I was planning on doing this as it would require no more time and the follower isn't that expensive.

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

TEFF

godfather
I change my cam follower at 5000km now with Stage 4. When i was with fewer mods i changed it at 8000km. Better to be safe than sorry.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Interesting! I "thought" this issue was addressed in our cars vs the older models of it......

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
I think it is always going to be an issue because that is a consumable part. Or a wear item, I can't make sense of the idea I have in my mind.. Like breaks eventually they will ALWAYS wear out?

allset

Go Kart Champion
i think its best practice to change both, the MKV issue was due to soft metals used in the folower.

ourr is a 4 lobed cam where mk5 was 3 lobed iirc

MK6 TSI Fuel rail, cam, cam follower, HPFP, Fuel pressure sensor, injectors and components

Last edited:

allset

Go Kart Champion
Interesting! I "thought" this issue was addressed in our cars vs the older models of it......

it was mkv had a 3 lobed cam mk6 has 4 lobed, and suppposedly the addesed the soft metals in the mk5 follower for the mk6 folower

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
it was mkv had a 3 lobed cam mk6 has 4 lobed, and suppposedly the addesed the soft metals in the mk5 follower for the mk6 folower

I think you are confusing the Golf R (FSI) with the GTI (TSI). The golf R still uses a friction cam follower.

allset

Go Kart Champion
I think you are confusing the Golf R (FSI) with the GTI (TSI). The golf R still uses a friction cam follower.

u mean the diagram?

allset

Go Kart Champion

whatu are saying makes sense since they are both FSI MK5 and R. The diagram is from VW mk6 TSI tech training manual

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
Yeah that is what I think he was getting at... I was so confused when I opened my hood and saw the TSI cover.... I scratched my head like.. WTF... ha ha

allset

Go Kart Champion
Yeah that is what I think he was getting at... I was so confused when I opened my hood and saw the TSI cover.... I scratched my head like.. WTF... ha ha

be happy it said TSI and not FSI or TFSI. Although the TSI has its issues its a much bettter system then tha FSI. Although the TFSI has the audi valve-lift system.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
What it says on the engine cover is misleading. It is the same engine as the pre-2008.5 GTI. It has a timing belt and a friction follower. It's the same engine that has FSI on the cover in the older GTIs.

allset

Go Kart Champion
What it says on the engine cover is misleading. It is the same engine as the pre-2008.5 GTI. It has a timing belt and a friction follower.

right doesnt the euro R say TSI on the cover