GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MK6 GTI issues?

rzarektah

Ready to race!
Just passed 10k miles a few days ago, has been an absolute breeze to have as my dd. No problems at all, only time i went to the dealer outside of scheduled maintenance was for the RVU of the climate control on the 2012's. I love my car :thumbup: everytime i get behind the wheel i have the biggest smile on my face

kristian19

Ready to race!
airbag error, water leaking thru the seal on my drivers side, and thats it !

walbjj

Ready to race!
i had the water pump whistle issue from about 500km when i bought the car new, it was replaced under warranty at around 1500km, and ive since ticked over 14k km, and the whistle has not come back.
i have a 15k km service booked in 2 weeks.
i have had to top up the oil at 6k km, and again at 12k km, i put about 1.5l in each time just to top up. some say its common, while some say thats high oi usage. i drive mainly in sydney peak traffic, rarely do i see open road, mayb eweekends when the traffic is lighter
besides that, the car has performed extremely reliably. im coming from hondas and japanese cars and ive been pleasantly surprised by the reliability. its still early days i know, but so far, its petrol in and drive, no issues at all.
and to top it all off, this car has gotten the best mileage of any car ive ever had, and they have all been small japanese cars (wrx, evo9, s2000, civics, etc)

the real test will be when the car gets up in the kms, but i treat teh car well, and havent thrashed its guts out.

VINNY1

Ready to race!
One year and 10,524 mi. today, and other than the rare false neutral on the DSG, I haven't had any issue's. The DSG update took care of the false neutral problem. So far so good.

I think the shadow blue cars are built better.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Click my name and see threads started by phalanxr. '10gti issues.

And i still love it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Just curious. I hear of a tension-er problem that seems to be a norm for this car. Does VW warranty cover this or was this ever in a recall? What's the deal with it? If lets say I have a 2012 with under 20k miles, will VW fix it for free?

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
34,000 miles on a 2010:
Intake manifold replaced after it threw a cel
Electrical gremlins - driver's mirror turn signal, power mirror adjustment, rear lighting on hatch
Leaky rear washer nozzle, two attempts at fix but still does it occasionally on sharp turns
Replaced weather stripping on passenger rear window

Nothing horrible that left me stranded or anything, but the kicker is most of those problems took multiple dealer visits to be fixed properly which makes the otherwise minor issues a bit more annoying.

That said the GTI's driving experience makes up for it compared to previous Toyotas we've had that never needed to go in for a repair.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
34,000 miles on a 2010:
Intake manifold replaced after it threw a cel
Electrical gremlins - driver's mirror turn signal, power mirror adjustment, rear lighting on hatch
Leaky rear washer nozzle, two attempts at fix but still does it occasionally on sharp turns
Replaced weather stripping on passenger rear window

Nothing horrible that left me stranded or anything, but the kicker is most of those problems took multiple dealer visits to be fixed properly which makes the otherwise minor issues a bit more annoying.

That said the GTI's driving experience makes up for it compared to previous Toyotas we've had that never needed to go in for a repair.

That's what I wanna hear. as long as warranty is on point and covers it, then the driving experience is awesome. lol

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Just curious. I hear of a tension-er problem that seems to be a norm for this car. Does VW warranty cover this or was this ever in a recall? What's the deal with it? If lets say I have a 2012 with under 20k miles, will VW fix it for free?

its still under the 3yr/36k mile warranty, it should/will be covered.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
its still under the 3yr/36k mile warranty, it should/will be covered.

Was there a recall for this though? Would I just be able to walk into a VW dealer and say, could you check for the tension-er issue and fix if need be?

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
28,000 miles, water pump, clutch and intake manifold all replaced. Those are major known issues with these cars so i was only biding my time before they were gonna get replaced, other then that car has been flawless.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
28,000 miles, water pump, clutch and intake manifold all replaced. Those are major known issues with these cars so i was only biding my time before they were gonna get replaced, other then that car has been flawless.

0 dollars outta pocket right?

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Was there a recall for this though? Would I just be able to walk into a VW dealer and say, could you check for the tension-er issue and fix if need be?

Not to sure if there's a recall, call any VW in your area.
And from what I understood talking to VW was anything that's not wear&tear, it should be covered.
Not to sure about just walking in and telling them to check something fit you.

R

Rayunited

Approx. 13,000 miles, low coolant light on and coolant leak. Replaced water pump by VW. Covered by warranty.