GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

GroceriesVR6

Passed Driver's Ed
$650.00 for 26 hp :yikes:

Obvious troll and an idiot. What an extraordinary combination. You might want to look at what else is included or maybe reading just isn't your strong suit:iono:

FriggenT1

Banned
$650.00 for 26 hp :yikes:

How much is apr after paying for stage 1, 2, k04, valet mode, launch control, boost monitoring ability (among all other parameters that can be toggled through at the touch of a button? Free updates to databases? Ability to pro, dyno, etune? Oh sorry, apr doesn't have all that lol my mistake

FriggenT1

Banned
That is exactly what I said from the start. This will be like Eurodyne, but without an asshole on the other end of the phone. Chris Tapp is by far the WORST human being I have EVER spoken with on the phone. Speaking to people in fucking china about your credit card bill is less painful than a 30 second conversation with Chris before he basically calls you retarded and hangs up.

With that being said, I do like what I'm able to do with Eurodyne. But, if this option existed a year ago I would 2000% have went the Cobb route.

Nope, Chris sucks for sure...probably needs a proper ass kicking...but that's beside the point of being able to have all of the tuning ability. I don't care. Andy takes care of all that for me, I just flash his files and happily drive my car :burnrubber:

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
Obvious troll and an idiot. What an extraordinary combination. You might want to look at what else is included or maybe reading just isn't your strong suit:iono:

Not sure if troll.

I want to see more dynos on Mkvi before I rush out an buy something. Proof is in the numbers for VWs. I'm talking about on many cars not just one.

Too new for me. Looks neat though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FriggenT1

Banned
Not sure if troll.

I want to see more dynos on Mkvi before I rush out an buy something. Proof is in the numbers for VWs. I'm talking about on many cars not just one.

Too new for me. Looks neat though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To new? Do you know how long cobb has had the AP? Lol, just because they are adding a vw to their line up has nothing to do with their ability to tune a car....yes, even our almighty GTIs

luvdagators

Go Kart Champion
I understand its a neat tool with lots of cool features. I would like a little more hp gain though.
I'm not a troll nor an idiot. You will also not see me call somebody out for having an opinion even if I don't agree with it.
Anyhow back on topic, I watched the video from Cobb and it appears a breeze to use and a def plus it needs no computer with internet connection

GroceriesVR6 have a great weekend sir...!!!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
How much is apr after paying for stage 1, 2, k04, valet mode, launch control, boost monitoring ability (among all other parameters that can be toggled through at the touch of a button? Free updates to databases? Ability to pro, dyno, etune? Oh sorry, apr doesn't have all that lol my mistake
Or, you can spend $650 on APRs single tune without all the fancy features (including labor) and get much more power. For the vast majority of customers who don't care about logging or tune switching this is a better option.

Even better, spend $550 for Revo's tune.

Cobb has it's place. But let's not pretend you, *****2.0t and caulkin are in the majority.

On a related note, it's funny to hear all these comments about Eurodyne coming out of the cracks. Having not hung out in the BT thread this is the first time heard of it.

Sincerely, XGC75

andysamland

Ready to race!
I do want to clarify, I don't have any doubt that COBB itself will make available everything that is needed. I am more worried about their current Pro tuners and E-tuner network. I'm sure that They would hate me to enter their network with prior knowledge of MED logic and tuning experience on the platform and offer essentially free (by donation of no set amount) tuning to anyone who wanted to. I'm sure they wouldn't like that a whole lot. I'm more than willing to do it to, o wait i already do that for eurodyne..... I'm here for advancement of the community and strongly believe that we have great platforms here but we lack fueling here guys. Literally.

GroceriesVR6

Passed Driver's Ed
Can any of you guys claiming low gains show me a real life customer dyno of any major tuning company's (APR, Revo, etc) Stage 1, 1+, and 2 tunes...AT THE WHEELS? The numbers from Cobb are at the wheels.

Keep in mind you're getting stages 1, 1+, & 2 PLUS all the features the AP brings for $650.

Last edited:
Can any of you guys claiming low gains show me a real life customer dyno of an major tuning company's (APR, Revo, etc) Stage 1, 1+, and 2 tunes...AT THE WHEELS? The numbers from Cobb are at the wheels.

Keep in mind you're getting stages 1, 1+, & 2 PLUS all the features the AP brings for $650.

QFTW.. seriously, what he said and i mentioned this few pages back.

COBB's numbers are AT THE WHEELS!. Other tune's have their dyno graphs on virtual dyno or at the crank.

If you look at users dyno result pages; of folks running said tunes and supporting mods; will be right close to what COBB is throwing down.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Or, you can spend $650 on APRs single tune without all the fancy features (including labor) and get much more power. For the vast majority of customers who don't care about logging or tune switching this is a better option.

Even better, spend $550 for Revo's tune.

Cobb has it's place. But let's not pretend you, *****2.0t and caulkin are in the majority.

On a related note, it's funny to hear all these comments about Eurodyne coming out of the cracks. Having not hung out in the BT thread this is the first time heard of it.

Sincerely, XGC75

What? Nobody is saying Eurodyne is in the majority, where did you see anyone say that?? I'm talking about the custom tuning part of Cobb, not the OTS stuff everyone is worried about if it makes 1 extra HP/TQ or not, I care about what it has access to in the ECU, which on Eurodyne is minimal at best

I do want to clarify, I don't have any doubt that COBB itself will make available everything that is needed. I am more worried about their current Pro tuners and E-tuner network. I'm sure that They would hate me to enter their network with prior knowledge of MED logic and tuning experience on the platform and offer essentially free (by donation of no set amount) tuning to anyone who wanted to. I'm sure they wouldn't like that a whole lot. I'm more than willing to do it to, o wait i already do that for eurodyne..... I'm here for advancement of the community and strongly believe that we have great platforms here but we lack fueling here guys. Literally.

I know what you're talking about but after looking at what they have previously worked on, the Ecoboost Mustang ECU is in the family of ours, so the tables I would think are similar if not the same, so those tuners would know, the others, yeah, would be lost

The free & donation part you mention will continue as I imagine Cobb doesn't offer any way of protecting your files(that I know of), so it would be same thing. VW has the luxury of at least having many box codes, so you can't interchange the files without exporting and importing the tables, which on Cobb I would imagine would be the same way