I'm planning on being there. 1st one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

rkellis

Ready to race!
I'm in

Sent from a far out galaxy.

Yo.SeungHyun

Ready to race!
if anyone is interested in ed's v4 lights and want to try and bake the lens off to replace with a brand new lens pm me and i will bring them for a small fee

LunaticGTI02

Does anyone know where I can have my coilovers installed? I called butler tired and they charge me 750 just for labor that's more than what I paid for the kit.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Does anyone know where I can have my coilovers installed? I called butler tired and they charge me 750 just for labor that's more than what I paid for the kit.

Look up Southern Street tuning. He's a bit of a drive from Atlanta but he only charged me $200 for a spring install

Yo.SeungHyun

Ready to race!
def recommend SST, its sort of in the middle of no where but cheap and good installs

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
At autobahn now getting the 034 motorsports dogbone inserted. No jack at the house plus let the pros do it so I don't get excess NVH from what's already expected. Have read some forums that it can get bad if one doesn't install right. I will update on the feel and changes to drivetrain once I get to driving around a bit but the tail Oct 1st I think will be the true test of this mod.

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
First impression on the dogbone mount: seriously the best $50 I spent in long time. Absolutely no NVH that my very sensitive "OCD radar" can register (because it was settled with some revs, then torqued to spec), and now drivetrain feels stiff as a brick. Shifts are crisp and it complements the shorter throws of the dieselgeek shifter like hand in glove. Since there's no compromise in ride quality maybe it should have been like this from factory, as the car is finally getting to be the German thoroughbred it was meant to be. I don't know why I waited so long ... Stage 1 power is put down waaaay better, I did a couple good launch/pulls and its like its 50-60 degrees out when it was 90. A/C driving vastly improved. When fall breeze gets here I think it's going to scare me a bit (until I get used to it of course).

Yo.SeungHyun

Ready to race!
nice!

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
First impression on the dogbone mount: seriously the best $50 I spent in long time. Absolutely no NVH that my very sensitive "OCD radar" can register (because it was settled with some revs, then torqued to spec), and now drivetrain feels stiff as a brick. Shifts are crisp and it complements the shorter throws of the dieselgeek shifter like hand in glove. Since there's no compromise in ride quality maybe it should have been like this from factory, as the car is finally getting to be the German thoroughbred it was meant to be. I don't know why I waited so long ... Stage 1 power is put down waaaay better, I did a couple good launch/pulls and its like its 50-60 degrees out when it was 90. A/C driving vastly improved. When fall breeze gets here I think it's going to scare me a bit (until I get used to it of course).

Hmm, may have to give that a try!

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Ok kids, we need to figure out what time we are meeting at the Dawsonville outlets on Saturday, Oct 1st. I don't remember what time we met last time... Depart at 630am sound good? Yo.Billy, looking for your input here, as you're the most experienced Dragoner here....

Let's meet just off the GA 400 entrance (go north/right after turning into outlets). We'll just take a bunch of spots there. If you're coming from a different direction, head toward the Kate Spade store, we'll be parked near there.

Need to get this finalized fairly soon, as we also have some folks from GolfMk7 who may be joining us! May have a nice little caravan going here.

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
Defer final departure time to you and Billy, but 6:30am at the GA 400 outlets sounds logical. Maybe have a firm 7am time by which the convoy gets on the road? Whoever is late can meet us at deals gap or fontana (keep in mind cell service up there can be spotty). If I remember its a solid 3 hours to get up there and I'm sure we'll be pit stopping for the occasional 93 octane and some combos. Highly recommend the dahlonega route highway 19 to NC 74 (fun side of the chattahooche) but driving through Ellijay on way back. After nightfall some of these twisties can prove difficult to negotiate in pitch black darkness, especially when fatigue of a whole day affair of spirited driving kicks in. I

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Dude on GolfMK7 put a GroupMe (whatever that is, must be something the youngin's use haha) together to try and bring us all together. We're very close on our plans, let's see if we can get us all on the same page and have 10+ cars going up!

Last edited: