GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR RSC Turboback?

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I've had my APR TBE installed for about 35,000 miles and it sounds awesome at WOT. No drone at all on the highway at any speed. Best of all I lurked patiently on the classifieds and found it for $500 with only 12K miles on it :thumbsup:

zrickety

The Fixer
Its loud but no drone, I've found the cover in the hatch makes a big difference for sound.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Its loud but no drone, I've found the cover in the hatch makes a big difference for sound.

+1 Seats up with hatch cover on sure helps.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You don't know drone til you drive a 12v vr6 with a catless borla exhaust and hidden tips.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
i have the APR RSC turboback that I took off..well half of it.. it took off the exhaust were the tips are and are for sale

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
I have had the unitronic turboback for about 2 years. It is very quiet and I woudn't describe it as boomy or drone but below 2500k rpms, if you give it some gas in the lower rpm range, it does get pretty bassy. I never really realized this until swapping it out for the Corsa exhaust (apr manufacturer). I love this setup so much. The note is higher pitched and more raspy. I am now catless and while it is extremely loud, there is none of that bassy/drone sound. I spent 1100 new for it and im finally completely satisfied after over 2 years of only being reasonably happy with the Uni. Just too quiet.

Side note, tried the beluga and found that too be entirely too much bass even when I had a cat on the car.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I have had the unitronic turboback for about 2 years. It is very quiet and I woudn't describe it as boomy or drone but below 2500k rpms, if you give it some gas in the lower rpm range, it does get pretty bassy. I never really realized this until swapping it out for the Corsa exhaust (apr manufacturer). I love this setup so much. The note is higher pitched and more raspy. I am now catless and while it is extremely loud, there is none of that bassy/drone sound. I spent 1100 new for it and im finally completely satisfied after over 2 years of only being reasonably happy with the Uni. Just too quiet.

Side note, tried the beluga and found that too be entirely too much bass even when I had a cat on the car.

Yeahh i guess the beluga does have some "bass" however i really enjoy the pops and gurgles i get when lifting off. Doesnt bother me to much but i do know what you are talking about it does have a bass rattle(like a hard hitting bass makes things rattle) when really on it like how ever so slightly however when cruising its pretty non existent imo.

Also the Corsa exhaust sounds nice from your description

siupo1281

Ready to race!
have you guys seen the armsmotorsport tbe? it look the same as the apr tbe. but its cheaper.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
have you guys seen the armsmotorsport tbe? it look the same as the apr tbe. but its cheaper.

I have not yet. But i did see their intercooler which people thought was the same as the Nuespeed front mount until someone had them side by side and you could see how cheap the ARM core was.

But at the end of the day the exhaust is a piece of pipe that moves hot air. Hence why i bought a "Ebay" brand and have never looked back on that purchase and spent less money on the entire turboback than most people spend on just the downpipe.

clownish

just clowning around
I have not yet. But i did see their intercooler which people thought was the same as the Nuespeed front mount until someone had them side by side and you could see how cheap the ARM core was.

But at the end of the day the exhaust is a piece of pipe that moves hot air. Hence why i bought a "Ebay" brand and have never looked back on that purchase and spent less money on the entire turboback than most people spend on just the downpipe.

You have that option of running potentially cheaper quality metal when you don't deal with salt and winter. Corrosion is real and when you buy inferior quality exhausts up here it really shows after a few months. And even with good parts - My sister has a golf she never maintained well while living in Chicago. When she moved down to FL, a dealership tried to quote her over 4k for all new suspension because of the amount of corrosion they'd not seen before and were convinced she needed all new everything - struts, springs, swaybars, hardware, ball joints, bushings, lcas - they tossed the book at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siupo1281

Ready to race!
i have the cts dp already. but saw armsmotorsport selling thir tbe for like $475 at amazon. i am thinking just buy that and use the catback portion.

siupo1281

Ready to race!
You have that option of running potentially cheaper quality metal when you don't deal with salt and winter. Corrosion is real and when you buy inferior quality exhausts up here it really shows after a few months. And even with good parts - My sister has a golf she never maintained well while living in Chicago. When she moved down to FL, a dealership tried to quote her over 4k for all new suspension because of the amount of corrosion they'd not seen before and were convinced she needed all new everything - struts, springs, swaybars, hardware, ball joints, bushings, lcas - they tossed the book at it.

if u live in snow are then i wouldnt try it. but i live in cali..and never snow here so the chance of getting crrison is very low.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

I hear ya.