GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metro Atlanta VW Crew

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
So nice to see our little community growing!

robin8tor

I joined the groupme, hopefully I can make the next run, I got stuck at work this time.

In other news, I finally got my OBDeleven on Saturday after the first one got lost in shipping (I ordered it July 30th). Changed DRLs to fogs, remote windows, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Are we having a BWW meet this Saturday October 8th? Want to give you guys first priority [emoji4][emoji6] before I make other plans.

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
Are we having a BWW meet this Saturday October 8th? Want to give you guys first priority [emoji4][emoji6] before I make other plans.

I want to and will try to b there, just need to clear with the missus since I was out squealing tires all day last Sat :happyanim:

LunaticGTI02

At autobahn now getting the 034 motorsports dogbone inserted. No jack at the house plus let the pros do it so I don't get excess NVH from what's already expected. Have read some forums that it can get bad if one doesn't install right. I will update on the feel and changes to drivetrain once I get to driving around a bit but the tail Oct 1st I think will be the true test of this mod.
Hey would you mind posting the link where you got the mount from? I want to look into getting one but I want to understand more of what it does to help with the handling. Can you help with that?

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey would you mind posting the link where you got the mount from? I want to look into getting one but I want to understand more of what it does to help with the handling. Can you help with that?

https://store.034motorsport.com/mqb...golf-gti-r-8v-audi-a3-s3-billet-aluminum.html

Here you go! Make sure you get the correct insert, I think yours is a Mk6 so the link is for Mk7 but just navigate their webpage and find the equivalent for Mk6. Its a bit different design to fit. Read my review as well a few posts after the one quoted. And an update after pushing it at the dragon last weekend and driving around with it for about 500 miles, I can say it has smoothed out even more in feel but the "brick-type" solidity of the engine-tranny remains. I just love this mod!

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
https://store.034motorsport.com/mqb...golf-gti-r-8v-audi-a3-s3-billet-aluminum.html

Here you go! Make sure you get the correct insert, I think yours is a Mk6 so the link is for Mk7 but just navigate their webpage and find the equivalent for Mk6. Its a bit different design to fit. Read my review as well a few posts after the one quoted. And an update after pushing it at the dragon last weekend and driving around with it for about 500 miles, I can say it has smoothed out even more in feel but the "brick-type" solidity of the engine-tranny remains. I just love this mod!
Yeah, I'm picking one up as well. But i need to look at my mount type first, as mk7s have 2 versions... Changing the oil and rotating tires tomorrow, so I'll check it out when i am under there.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Had a great turn out at the BWW meet tonight. Just Brad and myself. [emoji482] Still a good time with the B. Wizzle.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Ordered the version 1 034 Motorsports dogbone insert yesterday (Mk7 has 2 different versions - weird). Ioannis, what exactly is the "better"way to install? I plan on doing more reading, but the more info the better....

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered the version 1 034 Motorsports dogbone insert yesterday (Mk7 has 2 different versions - weird). Ioannis, what exactly is the "better"way to install? I plan on doing more reading, but the more info the better....

Hey Brad, just make sure you insert and screw in but not torque before you give it a few good revs (in neutral), then let sit for a couple mins in idle to settle. After that go ahead and torque it to spec, and should be ready to enjoy! Also zed4me has video blog on two versions. Should version 1 be too noisy and vibrates even after the correct install then order version 2, they will take back and send u without addl cost (just the hassle of shipping back/forth). But if version 1 is it you are good to go. You could always call them and ask. Look forward to hearing ur thoughts on the mod.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Anyone around here these days?

BWW. Mansell. Saturday. 6pm. Who?

rkellis

Ready to race!
I'm in...

minorthreat55

Passed Driver's Ed
I've never met up with any of you guys. I'll try and come by.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
I'm in.