GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bent wheel...

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Reviving an older post. OP did you ever get this wheel fixed? I hit a nice juicy pothole about a week ago and just discovered a similar dent around the lip area of my Neuspeed Rse12 wheel. Haven't brought it into a shop yet due to holidays so I don't have a professional opinion available right now.

Anyone think it's dangerous for me to be driving on a wheel like this? It's not vibrating or driving funny at all. I do go on freeways often but don't hang turns.

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
If its not leaking you may be safe, you might not have actually damaged the seating surface of the tire, can't really tell in pics

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Been checking the tire pressure for last 2 days. So far it's holding steady.

Guess I'll need to have the tire removed to know the true damage. I could look at the back side of the wheel for now too I guess.

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
Been checking the tire pressure for last 2 days. So far it's holding steady.

Guess I'll need to have the tire removed to know the true damage. I could look at the back side of the wheel for now too I guess.

Yeah, you may be good. Like I said as long as the bead surface is still round your fine. Looks like only the lip is damaged

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
I honestly would replace it. You most likely can get it fixed but the wheel is not going to be the same. It will be weak because they are basically going to have to heat the aluminum to mold it back to where it was before and that is just going to weaken the metal.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the more I look around for quotes the more I think I might just pony up for a new wheel.

It's about $125 to repair. $220 ish for new. Trying to read up more on whether it's safe to repair a wheel in the long run. But for an extra $100 or so it'd be nice to have peace of mind. Plus I'd have a full sized spare going forward. Or use the dented one for plastidip practice.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
So mine looks like that too ..except I don't remember hitting not one bump or pothole to create it . It almost looks like some me wedged a crowbar to sabotage. Anyone know a DIY or something to fix it ?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I ended up buying a new wheel and having my bend one repaired to use as full spare. That's a reasonable route you can take

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk