GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bent door question.

anthmash

Passed Driver's Ed
So yesterday I had a little incident at the gas station. I was at one pump another car was at the pump across, I was getting into my car and while the door was open someone decided it would be a good idea to try and squeeze through, however they ended up taking my door with them while it was open ! The door didn't go past 90 degrees, the door hinge was actually so strong it stopped the door from going past is furthest opening point, the car that hit my door did stop however the result was my door being Bent ! The crazy part is the majority of the door is unscathed, the only real affected area is the top part where the window seals up to. I was wondering if anyone has any input on this as to if I should go through insurance and have a new door put on or if this door can be repaired ?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Uberryan

Banned
No chance in hell that door is going to be fixed. It's warped in several spots. It'll need to be replaced.

With the door, plus internals, interior pieces, glass, paint, and trim, unless all of that is fine, it'll be over $2k. Go through your insurance and have them get the other driver to fork out.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Yeah hopefully you that that driver's details and file a claim through ur insurance giving them that person's details.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
No chance in hell that door is going to be fixed. It's warped in several spots. It'll need to be replaced.

With the door, plus internals, interior pieces, glass, paint, and trim, unless all of that is fine, it'll be over $2k. Go through your insurance and have them get the other driver to fork out.

This. Oh yes, gawd, that door is toast.

Norvix

yeah your door looks beyond repair, I'm not sure if it will be covered by the other drivers insurance if you were at the gas station as I'm pretty sure it would be 50/50 fault as its privately owned such as a parking lot.

Uberryan

Banned
yeah your door looks beyond repair, I'm not sure if it will be covered by the other drivers insurance if you were at the gas station as I'm pretty sure it would be 50/50 fault as its privately owned such as a parking lot.

I don't think that's how it works.

If driver admits to hitting door which it sounds like he does, and there's likely video footage and witnesses to back that up, offending party's insurance forks out. Private property doesn't mean "all bets are off".

EDIT: Then again, you're both in canada, and things might be corkscrewed logic.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Did you get the persons insurance info. I would call your insurance company and file the claim. I dont think this would be 50\50 being that he hit your car.