GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How fast is a stage 1 R?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Tune only...

0-60? and 1/4 mile wise...?:thumbsup: vs stock

Did anyone do a baseline pull and then after the tune?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Golf R's with Stage 1 flash and intake were putting down similar and some slightly higher than my car on the same dyno, same day, some conditions.

My car did 252whp/267wtq with the S3 IC and DSG. I want to say that one of the R's with an APR stage 1 flash and perhaps a BSH intake did something around 265/280.. I was very impressed. I definitely would want to take a ride in a Stage 2+ R now :eek:

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Golf R's with Stage 1 flash and intake were putting down similar and some slightly higher than my car on the same dyno, same day, some conditions.

My car did 252whp/267wtq with the S3 IC and DSG. I want to say that one of the R's with an APR stage 1 flash and perhaps a BSH intake did something around 265/280.. I was very impressed. I definitely would want to take a ride in a Stage 2+ R now :eek:

ill take you for a ride anytime :rolleyes:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
watch it, boi.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
is that your dad?

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
is that your dad?

haha like father like son. I follow in his footsteps. also didnt realize how bit that picture was until i posted it

hazy450

Passed Driver's Ed
I've seen a thread where a stage 1 .:R put 301 to the wheels. I've only dynoed my stage 2+ .:R with 103 Oct on the 100 Oct map and I put 338 to 4 wheels...

I would say a good driver could get 13.5 on stage 1 tune.

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
I've seen a thread where a stage 1 .:R put 301 to the wheels. I've only dynoed my stage 2+ .:R with 103 Oct on the 100 Oct map and I put 338 to 4 wheels...

ive seen stage 1+ putting just over 300 at the wheels. havent seen one without upgraded fuel pump acheiving those numbers or anywhere close though

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I was mainly interested in tune (stage 1) only.

Does the upgraded fuel pump accelerate the cam-lobe wear? I thought that was a FSI specific issue?

Also Stage 1+/2 etc will def fry the clutch from what I have read.

Ruffdz

No evidence but I assume my stage one nothing else put down 260-275 to the wheels depending on octane modes

Dmueller343

Ready to race!

Does the upgraded fuel pump accelerate the cam-lobe wear? I thought that was a FSI specific issue?

Just don't put 100 octane in your car frequently like I did if you go stage 2 plus. My clutch has never been the same. Before I put 100 in there though had no problems with clutch on 2+ tune on pump gas. New apr tune update might make it closer to race gas numbers on pump gas so that might pose a problem. Yolo. Just do it. You will not regret 2+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

07STitoR

Ready to race!

Im Apr stage 1+ with carbonio intake going 13.5 @ 103 (93 oct) and I am by no means a good driver. Im assuming its putting down 250-260 awhp according to the trap speed. For someone mentioning clutches mine is fine and its stock but my friends 2+ is cooking his. So I'm sure the 1+ 100 oct file will cook clutches too, Haven't tried running the file since the gas is $12 a gallon.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

^not necessarily. Somewhere along the way Sachs upgraded their parts for the golf R but the part numbers are the same. I am 2+ with the upgraded parts and have tried to make it slip without success. Although, I am leaving 30ishwhp on the table by using the stock air box with the Carboner pseudo intake. So that could change once I put the VWR on.

Also, just to be safe I changed my cam follower at 20k. It was fine.

Just don't put 100 octane in your car frequently like I did if you go stage 2 plus. My clutch has never been the same. Before I put 100 in there though had no problems with clutch on 2+ tune on pump gas. New apr tune update might make it closer to race gas numbers on pump gas so that might pose a problem. Yolo. Just do it. You will not regret 2+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
^ha! the stash of cash that he's been building up from driving his TDI for the last 6months could get him stage 3 prolly.... Sad thing is that he is now so attached to that stash of cash that it's hard for him to part with it and he is missing out on the R:(

Im Apr stage 1+ with carbonio intake going 13.5 @ 103 (93 oct) and I am by no means a good driver. Im assuming its putting down 250-260 awhp according to the trap speed. For someone mentioning clutches mine is fine and its stock but my friends 2+ is cooking his. So I'm sure the 1+ 100 oct file will cook clutches too, Haven't tried running the file since the gas is $12 a gallon.
^ dude, if you are tracking then you need a real intake. I didn't realize how restrictive the Carboner is until a stage 1+ car put down 307 to the wheels on the same dyno same day that my 2+ put down 290. The difference was that he had the CTS intake. I posted the dynos in the general R section.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
^not necessarily. Somewhere along the way Sachs upgraded their parts for the golf R but the part numbers are the same. I am 2+ with the upgraded parts and have tried to make it slip without success. Although, I am leaving 30ishwhp on the table by using the stock air box with the Carboner pseudo intake. So that could change once I put the VWR on.

Also, just to be safe I changed my cam follower at 20k. It was fine.

^ha! the stash of cash that he's been building up from driving his TDI for the last 6months could get him stage 3 prolly.... Sad thing is that he is now so attached to that stash of cash that it's hard for him to part with it and he is missing out on the R:(

^ dude, if you are tracking then you need a real intake. I didn't realize how restrictive the Carboner is until a stage 1+ car put down 307 to the wheels on the same dyno same day that my 2+ put down 290. The difference was that he had the CTS intake. I posted the dynos in the general R section.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dont do it. Over priced and doesnt work as well as intakes half it's price, the only thing it has going for it is it's pretty. Get a CTS, Neuspeed, or Evom.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dont do it. Over priced and doesnt work as well as intakes half it's price, the only thing it has going for it is it's pretty. Get a CTS, Neuspeed, or Evom.

How doesn't it work well? The fuel trim issues have been solved:iono:

The intakes you cited have been working well, I agree. I'm not a fan of filter-on-a-stick intakes tho.

Edit: plus I may be getting a deal on VWR. Not sure how much of deal yet, but I won't pay full price.