GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bringing a new meaning to the term "bagged"

SAthirtythree

Ready to race!
I did this a t the beginning of the season. One trip was 12 bags of mulch, the next trip was 500lbs of concrete. My car currently has a motorcycle frame in the back. Turbo hatch FTW!

To all the "Oh I'd never do this!" replies:
It's a fucking VW, not a vintage porsche, get over yourself.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'd have to dig up the pic but 8 rolls of R34 will fit in a two door Gti lol I did it twice since it was raining and woulda got wet in my truck

Tarwheel

Ready to race!
The most I've put is about 5 bags of mulch in my Golf. However, I've carried two road bikes with luggage and gear for a weeklong bike tour.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
This isn't some $100k luxury car guys lol it has a hatch and designed with practicality in mind so use it as such and get your moneys worth.

Well said, right on the mark!

Lay down some tarps and stack up those bags of concrete/soil etc.... trust me it feels good seeing all that fit in there without a pickup truck.

LOL. It shocked me at first, seeing just HOW much you can get in these little cars. Amazing versatility,and you don't have to worry about getting stuff wet in an open truck bed.
Makes me forget about water pumps and other stuff. (well......sorta!) :p

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
How goddamn big is your yard that you needed 100 bags of mulch?

ChicagoCraig

Ready to race!
Had to mulch my yard and since the GTI is the only vehicle I have down in Florida I had to make due. Made 4 trips to Lowe's each time managing to cram 20 bags of mulch in. The GTI really is an all purpose vehicle.... lol I think you guys will get a laugh out of this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressive. I could only fit 28 in my Cayenne.

You *do* know landscapers deliver mulch for cheaper than you can buy it, if you are using that much. Right? :yikes:

envythez06

Impressive. I could only fit 28 in my Cayenne.

You *do* know landscapers deliver mulch for cheaper than you can buy it, if you are using that much. Right? :yikes:

No one in my area could deliver the brown mulch in a dump truck. I actually had a pallet (80 bags) of the brown mulch delivered went through that in no time so I ended up just using the GTI to make trips to lowes to get enough until my yard was done. Would've had another pallet delivered but it was a 4 day wait and I wanted to get my yard done that weekend.

ChicagoCraig

Ready to race!
No one in my area could deliver the brown mulch in a dump truck. I actually had a pallet (80 bags) of the brown mulch delivered went through that in no time so I ended up just using the GTI to make trips to lowes to get enough until my yard was done. Would've had another pallet delivered but it was a 4 day wait and I wanted to get my yard done that weekend.

Gotcha. I did the mulch at my place in Wisconsin last year. I completely underestimated how much it would take, so I didn't do the landscaper route. Instead, there were lots of trips to Menards...

My neighbor just laughed at me and mentioned that she had the same amount dumped in her driveway for about half what I paid.

envythez06

Gotcha. I did the mulch at my place in Wisconsin last year. I completely underestimated how much it would take, so I didn't do the landscaper route. Instead, there were lots of trips to Menards...

My neighbor just laughed at me and mentioned that she had the same amount dumped in her driveway for about half what I paid.

I have a place up north in Michigan also and typically you see people get it dumped in their driveways. Down here in Florida for some reason I don't know 90% of people use bags. Heck even the professional landscapers do. It was around $250 for a pallet so I didn't think it was too pricey.