GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to tell if my Fuel Pump Control Module is bad

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
Today i was driving up hill and as i was accelerating i noticed after 3k rpms it seemed as if my car went limp, i pressed the gas pedal and there was no response so i pulled over to the side of the road. Once on the side of the road i tried to restart the car but the car would just keep cranking. After trying to call a tow truck for 15 mins i decided to give it another go and the car started up this time. I was able to successfully drive it all the way home (25 miles 1hr travel time). I also stopped to refuel my tank since i was running low (15miles left).

Can anyone suggest what the cause of this issue might be? i did some research and i think it might have to do with the fuel pump. It seems to be more of Low Pressure Fuel Pump issue or Fuel Pump Control Module. I can still gain acceleration if i hit the gas so im thinking its not the HPFP. I also noticed that after my 1hr commute, i reach back and touch the fuel pump control module under the rear seats, it feels hot. Could this be a sign of bad control module?

Car spec: 2011 Mk6 gti stock
Mileage : 66k

edwardnese

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: so i removed my fuel pump and replaced with a new one along with my fuel pump control module just to be safe.

Upon removing my old fuel pump i noticed the metal rails of the fuel pump were bent 30 degrees. Has anyone else come across this in their low pressure fuel pump? Im trying to think of a reason why the rails bent, it would take a of force to bend them, maybe driving over a pothole?

Attachments

• 19650135_10155412378903426_675944883_o.jpg
    19650135_10155412378903426_675944883_o.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 452