GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will VW know my car is tuned? Turning it in

Beans114

Ready to race!
Trading my car in for possibly an r .. If my car has stock exhaust and in stock mode will the dealership know or look? Or should I have eurocode completely flash over my car ?

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Trading my car in for possibly an r .. If my car has stock exhaust and in stock mode will the dealership know or look? Or should I have eurocode completely flash over my car ?

If you flash it into stock mode and lock it technically no. They can still figure out it is flashed though once they plug it into one of their diagnostic computers. Think of your ECU as a harddrive. A typical stock gti only need 1gb of space. Since you have multiple profiles your car might be using 3gb.

So in short yes they can figure out you're flashed if they wanted to. Will they go the extra mile to check iono.

Beans114

Ready to race!
i might not buy another vw tho... i tried to sell my car to carmax and they dont want it cause they saw my catless dp. Everything is gunna be stock when presenting to vw but i feel like i should have eurocode flash it so there are no problems

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
When I traded my old CC in, I just left the tune on there & put it in stock mode but didn't lock it.

So if the next owner tries switching it....maybe they'll find out/see that they have a tuned car.

Reason for putting it in stock mode though is that the next owner might not put 93 octane in it.....so it's safer to put it on the stock tune.

I'm trading in my '13 CC this week and doing the same thing. Lucky owner will get a free tune, lol

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
i might not buy another vw tho... i tried to sell my car to carmax and they dont want it cause they saw my catless dp. Everything is gunna be stock when presenting to vw but i feel like i should have eurocode flash it so there are no problems

Nowhere in CA is going to get near your car with a catless dp.

Its a 10,000 dollar fine to whomever gets caught with it. Trade someone for a stocker and call er a day.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

CobraKing

Ready to race!
When I traded my old CC in, I just left the tune on there & put it in stock mode but didn't lock it.

So if the next owner tries switching it....maybe they'll find out/see that they have a tuned car.

Reason for putting it in stock mode though is that the next owner might not put 93 octane in it.....so it's safer to put it on the stock tune.

I'm trading in my '13 CC this week and doing the same thing. Lucky owner will get a free tune, lol

Cot damn brother, you go through cars like I go through candy. What's next for you and didn't you get the car a few months ago?

Sleepy1

Ready to race!
Yes....

Will they look? No unless you give them a reason to.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Didn't you just get that CC not too long ago? :eek:

Cot damn brother, you go through cars like I go through candy. What's next for you and didn't you get the car a few months ago?

Yeah I got it last June, 2 days before our daughter was born.

It's a nice car, but not really kid friendly with that low roofline in the back. Getting her in & out isn't fun at all.
Plus I don't like the color really (didn't have a choice on it) and I've been spending way too much on mods for it too.

So I sold the mods, pocketed the cash, & I'm putting modding in the back seat for now and getting a less mod friendly car for the time being

Didn't lose any money on the CC. It was a lease & I didn't put any money down or anything at delivery at all. It's just an even trade as to what I was paying, and I'm not putting any money down or anything at delivery on the new car either....so it's just a swap, pretty much.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It's nothing special, in all honesty
Once I get my leftover mods swapped over....it should look/be alright though

Hell I don't even have the car yet. Signed for it on Monday, but not picking it up until Thursday or Friday.

Nitron

Ready to race!
I think it may depend on what the dealer intends to do with the car. Often times, they will auction off the car. In that case, they may even mention that the car was previously modified. If they want to add it to their "certified" inventory, they may lowball you even more if they find out the ECU has been "tampered" with. Then again, they may not even check or care.

How much is a new/used ECU? Can you find one to put in your car...then sell your tuned ECU?

What is a CC? I searched.