GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG code in order to flash?

shucky

Passed Driver's Ed
I was at my local shop he other day inquiring about a DSG flash for the 2013 Beetle Turbo. The owner wasn't able to get the DSG "code" he needed to see if the DSG file was available? He said he needed to pull the right combo of fuses to disable the gauge cluster to get the code or he had to make a harness? Is it this hard to get the correct code needed to determine if a DSG flash is available for my car? Can't you simply get the code from vagcom or do I have no idea what I'm talking about?

A little help would be appreciated. Intrigued to know more and frustrated.

Last edited:

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
There are different Box codes. When I was at BFI's Oktoberfest a week or so ago APR was collecting codes for their upcoming DSG flash. They simply pulled it from the OBD port. Their MAY not be a file for your box, but it appears the Code is easy to access...at least from my observation..

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
...APR was collecting codes for their upcoming DSG flash...

What's this you say about an upcoming APR DSG flash?!? Info please.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
What's this you say about an upcoming APR DSG flash?!? Info please.

Yes also interested, i have a tune from 2011, stage 1..did they also update this tune recently ive been seeing people say newest software lately? was going to get fully loaded options soon cause of the sale thanks for the info

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
At the APR BBQ, they suggested February as the release timeframe. Grain of salt and all that...

Lodi

Go Kart Champion

shucky

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Steve. I just IM'd John @ Unitronic to ask about this using the OBD port. By the way, the shop I was at was NOT a Uni dealer.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
APR has been talking about a DSG flash for 2+ years now.

FWIW you can get your DSG box code from vagcom, thats what I had to do for my HPA flash