GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

More woes with my 10 gti :( please help!

zrickety

The Fixer
Misfires could be carbon buildup. Don't park on hills will less than half a tank, or just roll down to level ground. Problem solved.

Grannycar

Ready to race!
Well talked to previous owner again, he never noticed "being on a hill" to be an issue that it did it regardless- flat or hill of any sort

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
You just got the car right? Take it back to the well known dealer, he must have given you some kind of, it'll drive without issues for 90 days or something.

Grannycar

Ready to race!
I have to disconnect the battery and tough the two terminals together "reset the ecu" to get it to start so it has to be something electrical.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
As for it being tune related. sure anything is possible. But ive heard of warm start issues on non tuned cars. I had a warm start issue with mine that was cleared when I got got tuned. The warm start issue. How does the car behave. Does it start and immediately die? Does it just crank and never fire? Do your lights dim? Is your battery battery good

TheCastle

Ready to race!
As for it being tune related. sure anything is possible. But ive heard of warm start issues on non tuned cars. I had a warm start issue with mine that was cleared when I got got tuned. The warm start issue. How does the car behave. Does it start and immediately die? Does it just crank and never fire? Do your lights dim? Is your battery battery good

gmoney67

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if a bad maf would cause the car to not start...but I guess a way to test the maf would be the next time it won't start, instead of immediately resetting the battery, unplug the maf and then see if it starts. The car will still run with the maf unplugged.

I agree with the others in saying you should get your hands on a vag-com to run the scan or take it right back to the dealer.