GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
1. The remote wire that you tapped from the 12v in the back. Did you scrap it because it wasn't needed, thanks to the LC2I?

The only remote on wire goes from the LC2i to the Remote In on the amp. The LC2i turns itself on, then sends remote trigger to turn on the amp.

2. I see you have two wires coming from the Amp's "mono subwoofer output" (+). I assume these go to the black and red inputs on the end of the uberstealth box, and it doesn't matter which one goes to red? Did you find that it was tight between these inputs and the tool box when its all put together?

Correct, although I did go + to + all the way through. Yes, it's a tight squeeze between the uberstealth and the toolbox for the amp wire, but it's works just fine.

3. Maybe they are well hidden in the pic, but the speaker wires you tapped going to the LC2i speaker inputs right? I assume so, but when I zoom on the pic it gets fuzzy :)

Yes, exactly. I tapped from the rear speakers in the b pillar, and ran that directly back to the L/R speaker in on the LC2i.

Thanks for the DIY!

You're welcome! Sorry for the delayed response, I'm on vacation. :thumbup:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I ran the positive speaker out off the amp to the red jack on the sub box. Internally the red jack is wired to the positive on the sub.

VanCityR

I ran the positive speaker out off the amp to the red jack on the sub box. Internally the red jack is wired to the positive on the sub.

I'm a bit slow, don't you have wires goin out of both the + slots of the amp? Do you have a other wire from the other + to the black?

Did you just use regular RCA cables?

Just want to basically duplicate everything you did, because if it ain't broke :lol:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I'm a bit slow, don't you have wires goin out of both the + slots of the amp? Do you have a other wire from the other + to the black?

Did you just use regular RCA cables?

Just want to basically duplicate everything you did, because if it ain't broke :lol:

Ya know, it's been over two years since I did it, so I don't recall, and won't be near my car for a few days. The + and - will just reverse the phase if you wire them the other way. I'd look at the amp manual.

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
@ VanCityR ~ I think you mean it looks like the wires to the sub-woofer are both connected to the + terminals of the amp. It is a trick of the photo, one is connected to the + and the other to the - . Look at the set screws that hold the wires in place.

I think this was covered at some point in this tread, not sure where?

Andrew

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
@ VanCityR ~ I think you mean it looks like the wires to the sub-woofer are both connected to the + terminals of the amp. It is a trick of the photo, one is connected to the + and the other to the - . Look at the set screws that hold the wires in place.

I think this was covered at some point in this tread, not sure where?

Andrew

Thanks for jogging my memory! Yes, this is correct. As I said, look at the amp manual and it'll make sense. ;)

durowrx

Hey Everyone - I just got my system in Saturday with Nik's box and I am LC2I as well. I am wondering where specifically is everyone's Accubass Threshold set at if you have the Dynaudio System?

A picture would be much appreciated! Thanks. :)

tonev

I have a question. With the LC2 box, because it splices off the rear speakers does that mean if you eq the bass on the head unit it lowers the sub output right?
My main reason for the question was on my old cars i would take the bass out of the speakers and have only the sub playing the bass.

VdoubleU1

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry if this has been answered, but how do you remove the door sill piece to route the power wire?

deliroast

Any pics of the lc2i wired up? Have an extra lc7 I'm trying to use in the wife's jsw. And @VdoubleU the clips shouldn't break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Any pics of the lc2i wired up? Have an extra lc7 I'm trying to use in the wife's jsw. And @VdoubleU the clips shouldn't break.

it is simple. If you are unable to, have someone else do it.

deliroast

Lol. I'm more worried about where to put it. And if you can do it like the brz without cutting factory harness ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411557139.082425.jpg