GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Tuning Accessport now Supports 2010-2014 Mk6 GTI!

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Cobb, will yall be at SOWO this year?

Maybe, if it even happens. :iono:

Will you guys have a TCU update for DSG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we do plan to offer DSG tuning in the future. I believe that is currently in line behind Mk7 GTI support.

Also, is the rev limiter bumped to 7k like the other tuners do?

Redline remains at 6800 RPM as power and torque are dropping significantly at that point. That is, of course, able to be changed with custom tuning.

And speed limiter removed?

It is not removed, but it has been pushed to 203 mph as a challenge to users. :burnrubber:

Marshall@COBB

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Maybe, if it even happens. :iono:

Yes, we do plan to offer DSG tuning in the future. I believe that is currently in line behind Mk7 GTI support.

Redline remains at 6800 RPM as power and torque are dropping significantly at that point. That is, of course, able to be changed with custom tuning.

It is not removed, but it has been pushed to 203 mph as a challenge to users. :burnrubber:

Marshall@COBB

Marshall thanks a ton for fielding all of these questions. I've been trading emails with Charles and I will be waiting patiently for COBB to reach the MK6 R platform.

I used COBB for two of my Subaru's - '12 WRX and '14 STI and just switched to my R the day before you leaked the first teaser.

It is so great to see you being active here to address all these questions. Really excited to see COBB continue expanding their reach.

Cheers and beers,

Jack

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Marshall thanks a ton for fielding all of these questions. I've been trading emails with Charles and I will be waiting patiently for COBB to reach the MK6 R platform.

I used COBB for two of my Subaru's - '12 WRX and '14 STI and just switched to my R the day before you leaked the first teaser.

It is so great to see you being active here to address all these questions. Really excited to see COBB continue expanding their reach.

Cheers and beers,

Jack

No problem, that's what we are here for! I am also super excited for the Mk6 R. Actually in the market for one right now - Candy White 4-door, please! :drool:

Marshall@COBB

jackhossross

Ready to race!
No problem, that's what we are here for! I am also super excited for the Mk6 R. Actually in the market for one right now - Candy White 4-door, please! :drool:

Marshall@COBB

Hahaha, they (VW-R) are surprisingly quick with the Stage 1, Stage 2 OTS tunes when compared to Subaru.

I was pleasantly surprised getting behind the wheel of my R at the beginning of this month with the APR HPFP and Intake, realizing I wasn't taking a step back in power from my winterized COBB OTS Stage 2 tune.

Actually I hadn't made a big deal of this but to everyone else, being able to change tunes to appropriately adapt to how I run my car summer vs winter is incredible.

In my Subaru, come November I shred my 1000cc injectors for OEM my fuel pump for OEM etc and run a base Stage 2 OTS map safely through the winter. This way I don't have to deal with any cold start problems in the mountains with an E85 tune in the winter.

Of course, I then took all my parts off, returned the car to 100% stock and sold it to dealer for $29.2k. Then sold all the aftermarket parts to make quite a bit of cash when moving to the VW platform.

No charge from dealers, no need to go to the tuner's garage. Just do it all myself. It's pretty great. I ran all COBB on my Subie: COBB Intake, COBB Catted DP, COBB Catback, COBB Injectors - was about to go COBB Flex Fuel then found the R I wanted.

Cheers,

Jack

eppy

Ready to race!

Marshall@COBB

Would this be the same "Subaru" JR?

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TheJoeshmo345

Hey Cobb, I was curious. Does the stage 2 file remove the CEL as well from having a high flow or catless downpipe? I know you've stated that these stages were designed to work with your hardware, but its a curiosity if I may need an O2 spacer or not?

rawag77

Ready to race!
Got stomped by a brown Cobb-tuned WRX wagon getting onto the tollway this morning. Guess it's time to pull the trigger on this.:thumbup:

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Hey Cobb, I was curious. Does the stage 2 file remove the CEL as well from having a high flow or catless downpipe? I know you've stated that these stages were designed to work with your hardware, but its a curiosity if I may need an O2 spacer or not?

You would not need any sort of spacer when using our Stage 2 OTS map. As long as the sensor is in place and in good working order there should not be any CELs present.

Marshall@COBB

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Got stomped by a brown Cobb-tuned WRX wagon getting onto the tollway this morning. Guess it's time to pull the trigger on this.:thumbup:

Haha! That was me. :bellyroll: Cool weather had the ol' gal feeling a bit frisky this morning.

Feel free to stop by and check us out, we'd be more than happy to give you a ride/walk through with one of our shop cars.

Marshall@COBB

rawag77

Ready to race!
Haha! That was me. :bellyroll: Cool weather had the ol' gal feeling a bit frisky this morning.

Feel free to stop by and check us out, we'd be more than happy to give you a ride/walk through with one of our shop cars.

Marshall@COBB

Hopefully you saw my :thumbsup:. Nice clean car you've got. I'm off Monday so i might stop on by and take a look. You guys gonna be open?

FYI don't know if you've seen him, but there is a WilCo Sheriff in a dark brown Tahoe commonly on O'Connor drive in the mornings...