GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Catback "Review" - Switched from Magnaflow

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Just thought I might share a few notes on my recent-ish change in exhaust. I went K04 in December, and immediately began to hate my exhaust. It was tingy, metallicish almost, and lost a lot of the deep tone that I had loved; an unfortunate side effect of adding so much more back pressure I guess. Unfortunately, I do not have any video from before the change with the K04...sorry :(

Still running the Eurojet catless downpipe, but had a shop cut the 2.5" downsize/adapter part off of the downpipe and weld on a 3" all the way back, include a custom made 3" Y, with a Vibrant resonator just after the connection to the downpipe. The shop did an amazing job, it looks fucking tits, he really did some quality work on that custom Y.

I was a little worried about the sound at first, but once the vibrant resonator toned out a little (after around 500 miles), I've definitely fallen in love again.

I am really sorry, please keep the floggings to a minimum, but I failed when I threw the gopro on and it is sideways...luckily there's nothing really that exciting to look at, but it's still aggravating and I will eventually do another, but for now, flog away...:(

I do a short little burst around 0:15 in, 4k rpm rev limiter at 0:47 and again at 0:56, and then do a WOT run from 1st to almost the end of 4th, starting around 1:15 in the vid.

Still a little more high pitched than I would ultimately like, but I don't know if there's much else I can do about that.

For your listening pleasure, here you be:

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Here is mine, I had APR DP with Milltek catback(3" 1 muffler and 2 resonator), a month ago I found a Borla Axle back for cheap, so I swaped the 2 reasonator part on the Y pipe of the Milltek to the straight Y pipe of the Borla.

Results... Love it. No drone on highway speed but loud DSG noise.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Just thought I might share a few notes on my recent-ish change in exhaust. I went K04 in December, and immediately began to hate my exhaust. It was tingy, metallicish almost, and lost a lot of the deep tone that I had loved; an unfortunate side effect of adding so much more back pressure I guess. Unfortunately, I do not have any video from before the change with the K04...sorry :(

Still running the Eurojet catless downpipe, but had a shop cut the 2.5" downsize/adapter part off of the downpipe and weld on a 3" all the way back, include a custom made 3" Y, with a Vibrant resonator just after the connection to the downpipe. The shop did an amazing job, it looks fucking tits, he really did some quality work on that custom Y.

I was a little worried about the sound at first, but once the vibrant resonator toned out a little (after around 500 miles), I've definitely fallen in love again.

I am really sorry, please keep the floggings to a minimum, but I failed when I threw the gopro on and it is sideways...luckily there's nothing really that exciting to look at, but it's still aggravating and I will eventually do another, but for now, flog away...:(

I do a short little burst around 0:15 in, 4k rpm rev limiter at 0:47 and again at 0:56, and then do a WOT run from 1st to almost the end of 4th, starting around 1:15 in the vid.

Still a little more high pitched than I would ultimately like, but I don't know if there's much else I can do about that.

For your listening pleasure, here you be:

This sounds good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laimface

Ready to race!
I can't wait to get some cash reserves built up... I'll just have to do with my stock exhaust with resonator delete haha