GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

TALON AE

Ready to race!
You sir are a king!

Not a fluke. Just tried it as well and it works :D

Pluggin & unplugging Battery made it work.

I am very curious as to why this made it work.

Will post a video soon.

Nice!!!

Rucheng10 and mr dog, any chance you could both post links to the version you each purchased? Curious if you're both using the same version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Nice!!!

Rucheng10 and mr dog, any chance you could both post links to the version you each purchased? Curious if you're both using the same version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe most of them are coming from one supplier and everyone is reselling. Could be wrong though.

Here's where I got it from:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252789238390?

He's been super friendly and answered all my questions so far.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Does it work with the iPhone 7+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
There is. The part revision B is the OEM version. Rev A is the modified from the non CarPlay model.

Ah true! My bad.

Believe they are calling it RCD 330 plus!
I would think it would work with that one as well. The hack RCD330 being used uses the firmware from the RCD330+ as the base.

cygamer

Passed Driver's Ed
What about the OEM reverse camera? Can it work?
Does this work with the buttons of a multifuction steering wheel?

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
What about the OEM reverse camera? Can it work?
Does this work with the buttons of a multifuction steering wheel?

Buttons on the steering wheel work, but nothing will show on MFD. The OEM reverse camera for the MK6 will need an adapter to make it work. Another option is to either get a Facelift Scirocco OEM backup camera, or any aftermarket one will do.

Zach0918

Ready to race!
Buttons on the steering wheel work, but nothing will show on MFD. The OEM reverse camera for the MK6 will need an adapter to make it work. Another option is to either get a Facelift Scirocco OEM backup camera, or any aftermarket one will do.

Nothing will show on MFD, like not even odometer, speed, time? Am I misunderstanding what you mean?