GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audio upgrade

corz123

Ready to race!
Hey guys looking for an audio upgrade in my car that has the premium 6. I’d like something that is reasonably priced but will make a noticeable difference and ideally doesn’t have an expensive or laborious install process. I value quality and clarity over loudness. I have no idea how to work the wiring so I can’t do it myself. Any ideas ?

mojoooo0

Passed Driver's Ed
A new headunit will only help get you so far. The RCD330 is the cheapest/easiest to install and if you use carplay/your phone it should be improved compared to bluetooth. There is a post i created where you can read up on this.

For best upgrade for me was definitely adding a subwoofer + line out converter (audiocontrol LC2i) which allowed me to get more bass at every volume.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
How advanced are you looking at going? There is a big difference between a system that gets loud and stays clean, and a system that does that and also has great staging and imaging. Proper stereo creates spacial illusions, depth, and width. Are you interested in duplicating these aspects? What's your budget?