GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$210 to install a $600 APR tune?

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
Wow. This just keeps getting better and better...

So I called the shop yesterday to ask them a couple more questions. My first question, is the $210 negotiable and do they ever run any promotions. Their answer was "No".

My second question, if I pull the ECU myself and bring it in, do they still charge a fee? The guy quickly responded back stating they *have* to have the car to do some other tweaks beside pulling out the ECU...

Does this make sense to anyone? I can send my ECU into APR without them ever touching my car.

Perhaps a phone call to APR to let them know what this dealer is saying?

Last edited:

xGaspy

Go Kart Champion
I was quoted $180 for mine, but I know they do a bang-up job, reseal the unit and put new tamper proof screws in.

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion

So I called the shop yesterday to ask them a couple more questions. My first question, is the $210 negotiable and do they ever run any promotions. Their answer was "No".

My second question, if I pull the ECU myself and bring it in, do they still charge a fee? The guy quickly responded back stating they *have* to have the car to do some other tweaks beside pulling out the ECU...

Does this make sense to anyone? I can send my ECU into APR without them ever touching my car.

Yup. Its all BS and I wouldn't pay them $210 to flash a car....

RB06

Ready to race!

DO NOT get it tuned there... Call APR or plan a road trip with friends and get it done in a surrounding state. The drive to Colorado is fun if you go through Grand Junction. Great scenery and a fun twisty road through the mountains.

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
DO NOT get it tuned there... Call APR or plan a road trip with friends and get it done in a surrounding state. The drive to Colorado is fun if you go through Grand Junction. Great scenery and a fun twisty road through the mountains.

It's like my dreams have been crushed! lol sad day.

I guess I'll be sending my ECU directly to APR. *They* can't mess it up ;-)

ah well, happy 4th everyone!

Last edited: