GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mpg dsg vs manual

PDPCEO

Ready to race!
I'm wondering what people are averaging.

I'm dsg. 45 mile one way commute to work. All highway. I avg 42-44 mph on the whole tank

What are u manual or other dsg ppl getting?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

I'm dsg. 45 mile one way commute to work. All highway. I avg 42-44 mph on the whole tank

by 42-44 mph you mean mpg?

for school and work from 20 miles to 35 round trip, drive on 35-45 limit main roads and stop and go 24-27 mpg (depends on my driving), on highway i usually get 30 (35 if i stay on the right:laugh:)

PDPCEO

Ready to race!
Yea mpg. Sorry

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002

Impossible to compare to, need more info. Is your 45 miles hilly? Flat? Do you drive 55mph or do you drive 85 mph? Is your average taken from the MFD (notoriously unreliable) or based on actual computations per tank (fill up and divide miles driven by gallons filled, etc). Are you in a heavy winter area (north/east) or a mild climate?

I drive a 4 door manual. I drive ~65 miles 1 way, Maryland/DC area so cold winters and hot summers; relatively flat (largest hill is ~1/8 mile long but they even out overall between ups and downs); and I do 65mph on the highways, with about 15% stop and go traffic or city driving involved. I drive my car for fun, so most stoplights (if not in traffic) I run every gear out to 3500-4k rpms before shifts. I push it a bit on the backroads I drive on, and I cruise gently on the highways to maintain some decent economy overall.

Here is my fuelly calculated MPG over 49 tanks:

:thumbsup:

jni3

Ready to race!
avg in my golf tdi 6sp is 44. the wife's jsw tdi dsg avg is 37. we both do about 60/40 hwy/city.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
well, I've got a 32mi Round trip where the posted speed limit doesn't go above 50 mph, and about 15 traffic lights on the 16 mile stretch. I get roughly 10 of the 15 lights, and my Calculated Fuel mileage is around 47.1 MPG. This 32mi round trip is with heavy foot off the stop, and trying to get away from traffic so I can cruise (usually my efforts are moot) but over the 6000 miles i've had my car, I can usually go 575 miles between fill ups, and I don't run my car dry... Now highway, I get somewhere between 42 and 45 mpg...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
My last 3 tanks were 33mpg :laugh: Overal DSG gets about 10% worse than manual.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
My last 3 tanks were 33mpg :laugh: Overal DSG gets about 10% worse than manual.

dang that really sucks. maybe it's that 1.5 mile drive to the train that is killing you. lol. or you have leadfootsyndrome.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
dang that really sucks. maybe it's that 1.5 mile drive to the train that is killing you. lol. or you have leadfootsyndrome.

Yep, I used to average ~37-38. But I don't care about MPG at all anymore. I get diesel once every 20 days now :yikes:

BrShootr

Ready to race!
On the highway I get a bit over 50mpg, on the city in the high 30s. Average about 43.

I was averaging 38mpg since I got the new JSW, I did the front grille block with pipe insulation and instantly my numbers were back to the normal 43ish. Best $6 I've ever spent on this car. As soon as temps go up to mid 40s ill remove the insulation.