GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS - Sachs SRE Performance Clutch Kit and Dual Mass Flywheel

tjgray347

Parts listed will fit MKV GTI/GLI with BPY code 2.0TFSI and MKVI Golf R. Will NOT fit TSI engines.

Ok, here's the story...

Car, 2007 GLI, started making horrendous clutch-pressed clatter/chatter/knocking very suddenly. Problem was diagnosed (wrongly!) as failed throwout bearing and/or failed dual mass flywheel. Decided to replace clutch/dmf/pressure plate and throwout bearing. Installed brand new VW/LUK flywheel, Sachs SRE clutch kit direct from Germany, and new LUK throwout bearing. After install, car was started, press clutch pedal and the original noise is still there. Car was then correctly diagnosed as spun/tossed/mangled thrust bearing on #3 main in engine, causing crankshaft endplay in excess of 1/16". Car is now getting a new longblock, and the original clutch is going back in with it.

I would like to sell off these upgraded parts at a considerable discount to recoup some of the money I foolishly wasted buying the wrong components. THESE ARE GOLF VI R PART NUMBERS! I did extensive research on this and the MKV GTI/GLI with the BPY code FSI engine use the exact same clutch/flywheel/throwout bearing as the MKVI Golf R, notice the Golf R designation on the Sachs webpage link below. This clutch is very highly regarded on this, as well as several other VW forums. It retains the factory smooth engagement of the original clutch, with about 30-40% stiffer pedal effort. It also retains the factory dual mass flywheel so you don't get any of the helicopter-esque chatter that single mass flywheels are known for. This clutch will hold APR stage 1 and 2 power levels on a stock K04 Golf R, without slipping like the stock clutch is notorious for.

Part details:

OEM VW/LUK Dual Mass Flywheel - Part # 06F105266AC Brand new from Jim Ellis VW parts - Paid $616 - Sell for $450/obo delivered lower 48.

Sachs SRE Clutch Kit - Part # 001394.999502 - http://www.sachsperformance.com/Sach..._806_4565.html This is the clutch disc and the pressure plate. Paid $850 - Sell for $650/obo delivered lower 48.

OEM VW/LUK Throwout Bearing - Part # 0A5141671F - Paid $120 - Sell for $50/obo delivered lower 48.

Will sell all for $1000 shipped and will throw in an ECS tuning aluminum clutch alignment tool if you buy it all for my asking price.

I want to stress that these parts are basically new. The clutch was installed, started one time, backed out of the garage bay, pressed in/out a dozen or so times to hear the noise, then the crank endplay was checked, finding that the crankshaft thrust washers/bearings are toast. This clutch is in perfect condition, with literally zero miles on it. It is still in the car, the new engine is going in the first week in april, the parts will come out then. Obviously I cannot get pictures of the parts while they're still in the car.

SOLD! Thanks!

Thanks for looking
TJ

Last edited:

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Crankwalk isn't a common issue with these cars, I don't blame you for the misdiagnosis one bit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a FSI-only clutch & flywheel, right?

tjgray347

Correct, these parts fit FSI only. Would I be out of line to cross post this to the MKV parts classifieds as well, since the parts fit MKV FSI and MKVI R's?

And yes, crankwalk wasn't even on my radar when I was having this problem, this is a VW, not a first gen eclipse/talon!