GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Transmission and engine mount upgrades.

AceZX

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys so I have a mk6 tdi.....was wondering if anyone has done the dogbone inserts or bushing upgrades for the engine and transmission? I came across lots of guys doing it whom don't have diesels....was wondering if anyone with a diesel has done it, and if so did you notice and increased vibrations or any other unpleasant side effects

Regards.

gliitch

Ready to race!
The aftermarket ones are stiffer so it will translate more vibrations to the whole car. Diesel engine vibrates more than a gas engine so you will feel it more. I don't think you will get any advantage out of them over stock in the low power that the tdi has.

QuitersLOSE14

Ready to race!
034 Motorsport, ECS Tuning and VW Racing Line all make stuff, but ditto to what gliitch said. If it's your daily I wouldn't bother with anything but 034's billet dogbone insert, and APR pendulum upgrade. Other companies makes the pendulum upgrade, but they use sharp transition angles which concentrate stresses on the part in non-optimal locations. APR uses a very well made set up (haven't bought it yet but will) that uses ARP high strength flange screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2literv8eater

I have the ECS one and at the first the vibration was really bad at idle and especially in reverse, after 10k+ miles I don't notice it anymore. Sometimes at idle I still get a weird vibration noise.

It does help with the response but I'm a stage 3.5, below stage 2 I would not bother putting it in.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
The 034 dogbone insert isnt bad for vibes, low speed and reverse is def noticeable though. I put mine in for track days only but run the 034 billet dogbone 24/7 since the vibes are barely noticable.