GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Stock Mk6 GTI vs brand new 370Z

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
A stock GTI can barely keep up with a prius. No way it realistically beats a 370z. Look at the stock 1/4 numbers of both cars for further proof.
BTW - when you say your stock GTI. Stock in that you bought it used from a dealer and it might already be tuned and you are unaware? A tuned GTI barely puts your a$$ to the back, let a lone a stock one. It's like you sit waiting for it and it never comes.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
:lol: you must be reading the clouds man, even a regular golf have a quicker quarter mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Well the Prius reference was just exaggeration, but yeah, GTI is pretty damn abysmally slow in stock form. I mean, there are plenty of S packaged normal cars that can then easily keep up with a stock GTI including Camrys, Corollas, Accords, to name a very few.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Well the Prius reference was just exaggeration, but yeah, GTI is pretty damn abysmally slow in stock form. I mean, there are plenty of S packaged normal cars that can then easily keep up with a stock GTI including Camrys, Corollas, Accords, to name a very few.

it sounded like you were trolling, but I get you on the exaggeration part, the stock GTI's are hesitant to accelerate, where prius you can just zoom at low speeds, thanks to the electric motor as they produce more torque. Other cars you aformentioned are NA motors anyway, so you don't get hesitation at all.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't feel hesitant in manual mode only in D mode yea it's hesitant and lags to down shift and speed up when you press the pedal down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
This is interesting.

A co-worker of mine has been itching to race me. Just bought a used Genesis Coupe, the 3.8 V6. He's so sure he'll beat me. I think I can hold him but he's got more power up top. I'd like to think I could take him.

This gives me hope lol.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
This is interesting.

A co-worker of mine has been itching to race me. Just bought a used Genesis Coupe, the 3.8 V6. He's so sure he'll beat me. I think I can hold him but he's got more power up top. I'd like to think I could take him.

This gives me hope lol.

Dsg gives you a big advantage. You are pretty much fbo for stage 2. Should be a good race.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
This is interesting.

This gives me hope lol.

If stage 2 and FBO you should have him. I've never seen a fast Genesis coupe.... Literally no exaggeration.... Tons of guys in my area have em, turbo or 3.8 nobody can lay down anything better then like low 14 in the 1/4 and they for whatever reason just don't seem fast on the road. Guy from Toronto even came down with a GT3671 2.0 second gen genny and still only ran 13.8 in the 1/4...... I don't think they put the power down well.....?

Dsg gives you a big advantage. You are pretty much fbo for stage 2. Should be a good race.

agreed.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'm Stage 2 with basically full bolt-on's (except for engine and transmission mounts). I'm also getting some Michelin PSS on Friday.

He wants to have a go after the company Christmas party.

Time will tell, but I'm confident.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I'm Stage 2 with basically full bolt-on's (except for engine and transmission mounts). I'm also getting some Michelin PSS on Friday.

He wants to have a go after the company Christmas party.

Time will tell, but I'm confident.

you'll beat him, I had a buddy of mine had a v6 genesis coupe before his MK6. He claims it has power, but it's not far off. I've never been a fan of hyundai's. Also, I had Michelin Pilot As3 (aka all season PSS) for my stage 1 mk6, and it only chirped tires in 2nd gears with it, you'll love em.