GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help installing front and rear badges in Bay Area

nevermoreMB

Would anyone be down to help me install new black front and rear emblems? I can't seem to get them off despite my best efforts and the shop wants almost $200 to swap them out... If it's a quick job and someone is down to meet up, I can pay with a six pack or something? Tips and tricks welcome. Thanks!

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Would anyone be down to help me install new black front and rear emblems? I can't seem to get them off despite my best efforts and the shop wants almost $200 to swap them out... If it's a quick job and someone is down to meet up, I can pay with a six pack or something? Tips and tricks welcome. Thanks!

$200 :eek: You can do it. For the front just twist it counter clockwise. It will take a little force , but it will go. For the rear there is a little slot at the bottom of the badge, just insert an old credit card or something similar and work your way around the badge. Good luck

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah dude. DO NOT pay anyone to do these for you. Super simple. Might break a tab or two.. so just be careful!

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Lasthumangarage has both DIY's. Much difficult for the front grill on 13's on up.

I haven't done it but the rears looks easy using a credit card or plastic pry tool. There is a notch on the bottom of the emblem.

ducatiti

Ready to race!
For the front , I went with Plastidip which can be easily reverted back to stock up when I get sick of it. See my avatar.

nevermoreMB

Thanks guys. I got the front swapped out with only a minimum amount of difficulty (you really have to haul off on the grill and I was forced to melt out the factory melted pins) but I still can't seem to get a credit card or knife under the rear badge.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Thanks guys. I got the front swapped out with only a minimum amount of difficulty (you really have to haul off on the grill and I was forced to melt out the factory melted pins) but I still can't seem to get a credit card or knife under the rear badge.

For the rear, tilt up the badge and look at the bottom edge. You will see a little notch, that is where you insert the card or knife.