GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any MK6 GTI issues?

mongo1

Ready to race!
I wonder if the dealers notice this dripping with the vehicles on their lot. Has anyone tried to get this issue serviced yet?

x2. I'm curious as to VW's reaction to this, and there level of interest in resolving the problem.

Alex.

Ready to race!
When I floor it on 1st gear, the wheels slip a little, and it feels bumpy. But one time it felt as if i ran over a few very hard bumps on the passenger side.

Could it be that my tires are slipping in a weird way or something?

Has this happened to anybody yet?

moabite

Passed Driver's Ed
had ours for 3 days and noticed the rear washer nozzle leaks (have not used it yet) - hopefully will end up being a recall fix for all the OCD GTI owners out there....

saxrex

When I floor it on 1st gear, the wheels slip a little, and it feels bumpy. But one time it felt as if i ran over a few very hard bumps on the passenger side.

Could it be that my tires are slipping in a weird way or something?

Has this happened to anybody yet?

That's typically just your traction control kicking in. It applies the brakes in rapid pulses on both sides until your wheels are synced up, which makes the things really 'bumpy' for a little.

sleepergti86

APRTuned
Yeah i dumped half of my washer fluid onto my windshield thinking it may just be that the tank is over filled, but that did not change anything at all, it still drips and is getting worse...

And then on the way home last night on a dark back road this guy in a volvo gets up next to me and gives me a thumbs up... as i proceed to thank him, BOOOOM!!!

Ran right over a MASSIVE truck tire, cracked the front bumper, destroyed the grilles, foglights, ripped out the underbody panels... f*ckin sucked guys... 5 days old!

Have to call the insurance today, thank God i transfered it from my old GTI to the new one. Got the police report and my g/f had her digital camera so we have all the evidence we need. Pics to come soon!

mongo1

Ready to race!
Yeah i dumped half of my washer fluid onto my windshield thinking it may just be that the tank is over filled, but that did not change anything at all, it still drips and is getting worse...

And then on the way home last night on a dark back road this guy in a volvo gets up next to me and gives me a thumbs up... as i proceed to thank him, BOOOOM!!!

Ran right over a MASSIVE truck tire, cracked the front bumper, destroyed the grilles, foglights, ripped out the underbody panels... f*ckin sucked guys... 5 days old!

Have to call the insurance today, thank God i transfered it from my old GTI to the new one. Got the police report and my g/f had her digital camera so we have all the evidence we need. Pics to come soon!

I can't believe that Volvo guy laid such an elaborate trap. He must have been following you for weeks to figure out you'd be at that spot at that time... Never trust Volvos!!

sleepergti86

APRTuned
LOL, thanks for cheering me up!

Gravity

Had my GTI DSG since May. Now have 6,000 miles on the clock. Had all the electronics up the shoot at around 2,000 miles which was intermittent. That just dissappeared else no problems at all. Just scared of driving with the 18inch Monza alloys as the roads in UK can get very narrow and easy to scuff if your now carefull.
Have odd noises sometimes especially from the rear but they seem to go after a few minutes from cold.

regards
Brian

darknightohio1

Ready to race!

:( Sorry to hear that...that must have been a terrible feeling for having the car for such a short period of time.

Oh well, cars can be repaired...and no one was hurt.

She will be lookling like new in no time. :)

BLUvelvet

tpms was on when i bought it. dealership said it would go away as i broke in the car. it's been four days and 400 miles now, and still on. apparently the tpms is faulty. other than that the car runs perfect. i would still highly recommend this car to anyone.