GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 GTI Drivers Edition OTD price? Good? Decent? Bad?

golfiegti23

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are these OTD prices you're talking about including tax??

30000 US Dollar equals
17936.16 British Pound Sterling

I'm looking for a GTI in the UK and I could barely get a 2011 base GTI with 40k miles on for £18k??

The GTI is a much cheaper car in the US than in the UK and Europe. It's much more respected there than here. Also, EU spec has more features than ours.

BlueMk3VR6

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah otd is out the door so it includes all of the fees and all of the taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep, exactly what he said.

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
So what do you think a 2013 DE would go for OTD? I have a use one with 5k for 24,995. Can't make a purchase till April 1st. I seen a bunch of 2013 OTD for 29-32k. Plus I have a 2012 speed 3 in good condition with 34k ish miles . I owe about 13,400 you think I can get 16k for the trade ? That trade positive equity would be the down the payment towards the gti.

VT Skier

It depends on where you are. I'm looking in NE now and offering to pay $26 OTD (exc. taxes) for a 2013/14 manual DE or $26.5 for DSG. I may not get that exact price, but I expect to be pretty close, especially as we get closer to May or June, whenever the 2015s arrive.

And if not, I'll wait until year-end and get a 2015.

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok cool as soon as I can trade it in I will. Longer I wait the less I will get for the speed3. Even though Mazda not planning to make a speed 3 anytime soon so it's kinda rare if you think about it. I want no less than 16k for it. I'm in the phila pa but the VW dealerships are in the suburbs. I'm as well looking for a dsg de as well.

sboskov

Ready to race!
It depends on where you are. I'm looking in NE now and offering to pay $26 OTD (exc. taxes) for a 2013/14 manual DE or $26.5 for DSG. I may not get that exact price, but I expect to be pretty close, especially as we get closer to May or June, whenever the 2015s arrive.

And if not, I'll wait until year-end and get a 2015.

If in the end the difference between a 2014 and a 2015 in less than 1.5k you should go ahead and pay the extra 1.5k because it will save you once you go to sell the car. Besides it being the newest body style, you also have to consider when you pay it off in 5 years the car will actually be 6 years old. I know it seems like youre getting a better deal now but in the long run it doesn't really pay off that much. Its like buying a used car for 20k compared to buying a new car for 25k, well the used car usually has higher interest rates (sometimes up to 8%) compared to new cars usually running specials offering 0% or .9% which in the end it ends up costing you less to buy a new car compared to a used one just because of the interest. Just some stuff to think about...

Best of luck shopping, youll love the GTI!

sboskov

Ready to race!
Ok cool as soon as I can trade it in I will. Longer I wait the less I will get for the speed3. Even though Mazda not planning to make a speed 3 anytime soon so it's kinda rare if you think about it. I want no less than 16k for it. I'm in the phila pa but the VW dealerships are in the suburbs. I'm as well looking for a dsg de as well.

Since you are trading in a car, youll be able to negotiate a little better then I was because I had nothing to trade in. The dealers will lower the price of the car they are selling to as low as they pretty much can, but to make sure they sell you the car they will work with giving you more money for you car than it is really worth! Just don't be too eager to get the car, call dealers around, possibly sign up for truecar.com and all the local dealers will call you up with their offers and negotiate from there. If you have a Costco membership check out costcoauto.com which they will do what truecar does, but they give you some sort of discount (like $500 under invoice) since you a Costco member. Just don't be in a hurry. If you do negotiate a deal over the phone, have them or the manager sign the offer they are willing to do on a new gti or used, and fax it to you. So when you go there you have proof of what they said.

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Since you are trading in a car, youll be able to negotiate a little better then I was because I had nothing to trade in. The dealers will lower the price of the car they are selling to as low as they pretty much can, but to make sure they sell you the car they will work with giving you more money for you car than it is really worth! Just don't be too eager to get the car, call dealers around, possibly sign up for truecar.com and all the local dealers will call you up with their offers and negotiate from there. If you have a Costco membership check out costcoauto.com which they will do what truecar does, but they give you some sort of discount (like $500 under invoice) since you a Costco member. Just don't be in a hurry. If you do negotiate a deal over the phone, have them or the manager sign the offer they are willing to do on a new gti or used, and fax it to you. So when you go there you have proof of what they said.
That sounds like a good idea . Thanks man . I'm not a costco member . They don't have one in Philly . But I will check out true car though.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Truecar shows 28k for DE cars... I think its best to wait until the MK7's drop and watch the price deflate. They're going to clear inventory so they can maximize profit on the MK7s.

Painful part is waiting... I want to get a car NOW!

AsianInaMk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I hear ya man I can't buy a car till my house settlement which is April 1st. I been patiently waiting for a month and doing my research on here. I'm gonna go with the 2013 DE with 6k miles for 26,900