GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 Mk7 GTI vs 2016 Mustang 5.0

urbanevil

Ready to race!
I find that mildly hard to believe.... Stage 2 was good enough to take the 4.6 GT's but a 5.0? Not buying it.
It was a stratified pro tune, guys was a 2013 5.0, auto. 4 pulls from 40, jumped him every time, and held em back every time. He walked into work the next day and shook my hand lol. I'm K04 now, so its much of the same.

With that said the coyotes can make great power. Another buddy has a GT350 and its pretty sick, with e85 and just light modding he makes out quite well.

P.S.

I even sent Alex@stratified an e-mail about it, with that revisions set of data logs, cause the tune wasn't even complete yet ???
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MK6BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
I find that mildly hard to believe.... Stage 2 was good enough to take the 4.6 GT's but a 5.0? Not buying it.

Same, lol maybe something from like 40-80 but the 5.0 should destroy a stage 2 MK6. A k04 would be a close race but I would probably still take the tuned 5.0.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
Same, lol maybe something from like 40-80 but the 5.0 should destroy a stage 2 MK6. A k04 would be a close race but I would probably still take the tuned 5.0.
The 5.0 was bone stock. The 4.6's were absolute slugs. The new 5.0's are much better, but not untouchable.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
It was a stratified pro tune, guys was a 2013 5.0, auto. 4 pulls from 40, jumped him every time, and held em back every time. He walked into work the next day and shook my hand lol. I'm K04 now, so its much of the same.

With that said the coyotes can make great power. Another buddy has a GT350 and its pretty sick, with e85 and just light modding he makes out quite well.

P.S.

I even sent Alex@stratified an e-mail about it, with that revisions set of data logs, cause the tune wasn't even complete yet ������

I mean maybe that happened but I still doubt it.... I've run 5.0s in my FBO k04 setup now and I have them to like 110-120mph after that they walk hard. Even down lower then that they are basically side by side.... I dunno what 5.0's you're racing with a stage 2 car but you aren't destroying them, and if you are the guy can't drive.... Not trying to start shit with ya, im just not buying it since I'm a scientist in the field myself.... if you know what I mean....

Yup.... k04 is close but a tuned 5.0 should eat us. No way in any hell I know of that a stage 2 car is beating a 5.0 let alone keeping with it lol..... least as long as the dude can drive.

The 5.0 was bone stock. The 4.6's were absolute slugs. The new 5.0's are much better, but not untouchable.

No they aren't untouchable you're right, but by a stage 2 car? They are.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Actually I think I'm going to be getting some wheels...first time I've ever bought a pair of aftermarket wheels for any car I've owned. I'm planning on buying the neuspeed Rse10 19" wheels. I've never really thought about coilovers, I just know they are expensive lol. Hopefully in the near future my next mod will be....an e92 m3 :).

Whew, 19s are going to be big and bold on an mk7. :)

urbanevil

Ready to race!

urbanevil

Ready to race!

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
https://m.facebook.com/groups/700256436677462?view=permalink&id=1396438477059251

Thats a Stage 2 walking down a SS, not even full bolt on. Just a bit of reference.

I know you can walk SS Camaro's at stage 2... but its more like a crawl, I did it plenty of times...

A 5.0 mustang will be very tough to walk/pull at stage 2 and it wont be for long if it even happens at all. I've done the necessary field testing plenty man, I know the results, unless you have some dyno proven freak of nature on your hands lol....

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Good luck not modding lol.....

Well.....I just picked up my car earlier this week and added a few parts. I now have an is38 turbo/APR is38 tune/APR intercooler/APR DSG tune/APR downpipe/APR carbonio intake/APR catch can/IE rods & pistons/Mahle rod bearings/ECS turbo blanket/034 dogbone insert. So first step is admitting I have a problem. You can say I relapsed...I definitely have an addiction to modding my cars. I've easily spent well over ~20-25k between my mk6 and current mk7 GTI's. Such an expensive addiction!

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Whew, 19s are going to be big and bold on an mk7. :)

Definitely thought about it and I think I'm going 18x8 instead lol

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Well.....I just picked up my car earlier this week and added a few parts. I now have an is38 turbo/APR is38 tune/APR intercooler/APR DSG tune/APR downpipe/APR carbonio intake/APR catch can/IE rods & pistons/Mahle rod bearings/ECS turbo blanket/034 dogbone insert. So first step is admitting I have a problem. You can say I relapsed...I definitely have an addiction to modding my cars. I've easily spent well over ~20-25k between my mk6 and current mk7 GTI's. Such an expensive addiction!

you're terminal. It's all over for you.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Just raced a 2015/2016 last night ...let him pass me ... then as I accelerate he refused to let me pass him back and the race was on . I didn't pass him back he was inching away but at the end of the race he was less than 3 car lenghts away ...good race !...oh and he was an Auto GT also. So the race would have been even close if he were 6 speed manual

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Just raced a 2015/2016 last night ...let him pass me ... then as I accelerate he refused to let me pass him back and the race was on . I didn't pass him back he was inching away but at the end of the race he was less than 3 car lenghts away ...good race !...oh and he was an Auto GT also. So the race would have been even close if he were 6 speed manual
2 years and 10 months later. I used tk have a mk6 gti apr stage 2 and dsg . Now I have a 2014 5.0 auto. My brother now has a revo stage 2 mk7 gti . And to my surprise I beat him twice . The video above with the white mk7 gti vs the yellow 5th Gen ss is a cake walk. Even my 2012 mk6 stage 2 apr beat a 5th generation ss. The 6th generation is a whole different animal . And the beginning of the 5.0s 2011-current are faster than the 5th generation camaros by far (2009-2015)