GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me out with which deal...

BenGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Got some quotes from dealer in Phoenix after some negotiating...
1) 2012 black 2dr manual GTI with sunroof convenience package for $25,000
2) 2013 white 2dr manual GTI base model for $23900
White was my first choice but black is sweet also, are these decent deals right now I need to buy in the next few days...

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
I use my sunroof a lot so it's a simple choice for me. If you can live w/o the sunroof and convenience package then go back and tell them it's a done deal if they can take a little more off.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
I'd get the year newer and take the no sunroof as a total bonus. Newer cars always depreciate slower, so even if they have the same mileage in 4 years, the 2013 will be worth more.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
2013 All the way.

BenGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Is $23900 a decent price though? I thinks that's right at invoice but I see some people getting like 3-4k off Msrp lol

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Is $23900 a decent price though? I thinks that's right at invoice but I see some people getting like 3-4k off Msrp lol

TBH, its an "ok" deal for out the door price. The msrp is 23995 I believe.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
No that's not out the door that's before taxes and dealer fees

Neither is a good deal then... at least for my area.

Check truecar.com

Hart

Ready to race!
If the '12 has xenons I'd say go for it. If not, neither are good deals. 23-24k for a base? You're not really getting anything discounted there.

MReyes

Ready to race!
I like having the Multi functioning steering wheel so I would probably go with the 12 and I like 4 doors as well...

but good points about the 2013 depreciating slower.

Get a 13 with convenience

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Truecar says $23800 is invoice and average price paid is 24,000 :confused:

Looks about right I believe there is a destination charge... so the Actual MSRP is
$24790. And you're getting a $800 discount off MSRP. Not the greatest of deals IMO.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I got over $3,500 off MSRP ON MY 2013 4dr autobahn, I'm sure you can do better

Autobahn MSRP is 10k higher... its easier to get a deal on those cars nowadays. As well as the GOLF Rs.

whatever

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd get the year newer and take the no sunroof as a total bonus. Newer cars always depreciate slower, so even if they have the same mileage in 4 years, the 2013 will be worth more.

Depreciation shouldn't be enough to be concerned about. The value of the Convenience + Sunroof should easily eclipse the loss in value of 1 extra model year in the same model generation.

MSRP is $24,700 incl destination. Not sure how much the base models are discounted, but should be able to do much better than $23,900 unless it includes taxes, etc. VW dealers have quoted me "all in" prices often, so double-check.