GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good roads for scenic/spirited in Westchester NY/Western CT area?

akropicMR

Wondering if anyone knows of any good routes for scenic/spirited driving in the Westchester NY/Western CT area.

Traffic has gotten bad in my area over the past few years and the roads I used to like to take for weekend drives are just too congested now.

Chelsea_Dagger_GTI

Ready to race!
Bear Mountain to Peekskill

Wondering if anyone knows of any good routes for scenic/spirited driving in the Westchester NY/Western CT area.

Traffic has gotten bad in my area over the past few years and the roads I used to like to take for weekend drives are just too congested now.

I'll offer you a good one, a double whammy (scenic and spirited). Starting from Bear Mountain, cross the Hudson and take US 202 to Peekskill.

I think the posted speed limit is 35, I did it slightly faster and was white knuckling a few times, while being distracted by some great views.

Another pretty cool one (less twisty more straights) is NY 218 in Cornwall. I found it when I got lost when I 1st moved here. Foresty, w/ some cool changes in elevation. But not as fun/cool as the former.

zef

Drag Racing Champion

Route 4 to 63 through Litchfield/Goshen/Cornwall/Sharon hands down. Lots of good twisties and beautiful views. Grab lunch at one of the restaurants on the Litchfield green, then head back up. Or stop by Mohawk state park where you can drive to the top and get some more awesome views.

My favorite part is going up Sharon mountain. It's like a smooth togue road--just go slow towards the bottom, there is a hiking trail and people sometimes hike along the shoulder (and sometimes a cop hangs out at that citgo station at the bottom of the hill)

Cops are rare but they do hang out on occasion. Deer are more of a problem than anything.

My #2 pick is instead of picking up route 4 in Goshen is to instead stay on 63 like you're going to Lime Rock but pick up route 7 north, then hop on 44 east in North Caanon which will take you to Winsted. Then hop on route 8 south, get off in Torrington then hop on route 4 in Torrington which will take you back to that roundabout in Goshen by the fairground where you started.

akropicMR

Thanks for the tips - will plan on hittng these up in the weeks coming up!