GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG mechatronic replacment

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I thought my mech unit was going out a few thousand miles ago, took it to Galpin and they ended up replacing the clutch packs at 35k. No issues after that but I do feel I had this issue because I have been tuned for 30/35k with no TCU tune. I have a Stratified pro tune so after the clutch packs were replaced I got a Uni DSG tune and so far so good. I won't say that the shifts are really faster than before but overall its much more smooth and the improved D mode is nice.

I also had all of the 034 mounts when this issue occurred

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

So far mine hasn't been as bad lately. Only thing i did differently was take out the 034 billet insert and install my red HPA puck. But im still hearing the clunk noise when shifting from "P" to "D".
I talked to brian from metricaurosport and he said that we can look at everything before replacing the transmission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corman1313

Ready to race!
So far mine hasn't been as bad lately. Only thing i did differently was take out the 034 billet insert and install my red HPA puck. But im still hearing the clunk noise when shifting from "P" to "D".
I talked to brian from metricaurosport and he said that we can look at everything before replacing the transmission

I agree I think my issue was just something that happened.

Hearing the gears shift is normal, what I was hearing with my clutch pack issue is what sounded like I ran over a plastic bottle or some sort of plastic when I was first taking off. I thought I ran over something. I had a slight hesitation from a start as well.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I agree I think my issue was just something that happened.

Hearing the gears shift is normal, what I was hearing with my clutch pack issue is what sounded like I ran over a plastic bottle or some sort of plastic when I was first taking off. I thought I ran over something. I had a slight hesitation from a start as well.

Thanks, thats one less thing go worry about. And i dont recalled hearing that clutch pack issue, but its something ill look out for