GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best way to update maps on RNS510 2010 GTI

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, i just picked up my CW GTI a few weeks back its a 2010 autobahn i guess, (leather,Nav,sunroof) anyways i was messing around with the navigation and it seems to work pretty well except for in the new developments around me it will think im offroading. anyways i realize the car is seven years old now and its probably time for a map update. i searched around and found out that i have to order a v11 (2016) map CD from vw's navagation system maker i forget what they're called but i found it and didnt feel like paying around $250 to get a CD to my place in Canada. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo with that being said, is there a cheaper / free way to update my maps. i saw on youtube a bunch of guys with download links but they were for west and east Europe.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys, i just picked up my CW GTI a few weeks back its a 2010 autobahn i guess, (leather,Nav,sunroof) anyways i was messing around with the navigation and it seems to work pretty well except for in the new developments around me it will think im offroading. anyways i realize the car is seven years old now and its probably time for a map update. i searched around and found out that i have to order a v11 (2016) map CD from vw's navagation system maker i forget what they're called but i found it and didnt feel like paying around $250 to get a CD to my place in Canada. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo with that being said, is there a cheaper / free way to update my maps. i saw on youtube a bunch of guys with download links but they were for west and east Europe.

Try the bay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CleanAsFckMk6

Go Kart Newbie
The RNS-315s update maps thru SD card that can only be used once, but the RNS510s use a CD disc for map updates, and they are reusable.

So your options are find someone that already paid for the disc/updated their maps and buy it for a discount which they will likely do since they have no use for it.

Or

If your fairly computer/tech savy, you can get a hold of the Map Update files that are on the v11 Disk, extract the .mds/.iso's, buy a Verbatim DVD-DL disc, and use IMGBurn to make your own Map Update Disk

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
The RNS-315s update maps thru SD card that can only be used once, but the RNS510s use a CD disc for map updates, and they are reusable.

So your options are find someone that already paid for the disc/updated their maps and buy it for a discount which they will likely do since they have no use for it.

Or

If your fairly computer/tech savy, you can get a hold of the Map Update files that are on the v11 Disk, extract the .mds/.iso's, buy a Verbatim DVD-DL disc, and use IMGBurn to make your own Map Update Disk

i am pretty good with computers, tried to find some torrent files but only found euro regions so far, i only did a quick search will need to go more in depth