GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPMS

I know this has been covered a bunch of times but I seem to have a strange problem.

My TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) light goes off a hell of a lot. Tires are never low since I check them all the time. I have had 2 flashes for my sensors already. First, when I bought the car I Brought it in since the light was almost everyday. Had it flahsed. Light didn't come on for a couple of days then back on again.

Took the car in for my 90 day maintenance. The service guy told me he had a required update for the sensors. Same thing. Light was off about a week then back on again. Now it goes off just about every time I drive. PSI is at 33-35. Anyone else having this problem with the sensors?

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
second time to the dealer for this for me

This will be my 3rd time going for this issue. I love the car and I haven't had any other problems with it since I got it but it's kinda annoying.

finklejag

Ready to race!
You can thank the gubmint for forcing the TPMS on the auto manufactures. It's just another part that will break or fail after the warranty expires. You can shut off the TPMS via vag-com if you have one available.

I check my tire pressure every month. I don't like the gubmint forcing things on me because of a few dumb Americans that crash and die because they had low tire pressure.

How hard is it to check your tire pressure???

Vermilion

Ready to race!
I hate TPMS very much. Its nice to read that VAG COM will turn it off. That alone is worth buying the cables for it. I try to remember to check my tire pressure after filling up the tank.

Honestly, I'd really like it to work right without turning off the feature. It's just frustrating watching this stupid blinking light when I know damn well that there isn't anything wrong with the pressure.

Maybe if I move back to FL where it's sea level and there are no mountains..... Yeah maybe that's the trick to make the stupid thing work right.

davidhingram

I had this light come on, checked the tire pressures all round and turned the car off, overinflated to 40 psi, then turned the engine on and deflated. No luck. Took it to the dealer and discovered there is a recall on this issue for the 2010 VW GTI. Seems to be fixed now....at least today. Maybe I need to get some electrical tape to tape over the indicator if it comes back on...I hope not.

Wildweed

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine has went off twice but tires were around 32psi and i have 18's .Tires needs to be 38 psi. Aired them up and there fine .

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Yes it appears the true TPMS is a pain in the backside reading faults on here. I just have the £35 version and it works a treat. The first time it came on I got out and did a visual check and they all look ok. When I got home I checked the pressures and 3 were 37psi and 1 was 33psi. I topped it up and pressed the Set button in the glovebox and its ok for another 4 weeks or so then it comes on again. The same tyre has dropped to 33psi top it up and wait another 4 weeks. I can't see anything obvious in the tyre so it must have a small rim leak somewhere.

Its the best add-on you can have for that cost. ;)

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
My snow tires that my brother gave me from his MKV GTI don't have TPMS sensors. Should I get them installed or just deal with the light all winter? Does the light stay on constantly?>

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm going to list up some 2010 sensors in just a minute, pm me if interested.

My snow tires that my brother gave me from his MKV GTI don't have TPMS sensors. Should I get them installed or just deal with the light all winter? Does the light stay on constantly?>

Yes my light stays on constantly. Or flashes. Or does a combination of both. If it bugs you I would get sensors for them. If not then you'll have the light on all winter. Sucks.

P

plac

tires need to be at 38-40psi just like my door says..

had a light, they were at 37. pumped them to 40. light instantly was off on next drive. there is nothing wrong with the system. its simply that accurate. 1-2 lbs and it knows.

mikochu

boogerface
My TPMS "low pressure" light around at around 13k miles. I brought it in and there was a TPMS flash update (did not affect my APR tune). After about a 1500 miles, I got the same low pressure light. I'm going to take it in again, but I leave a decent tire pressure gauge in the car until then. I might end up just turning it off with VAGCOM...