GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

URGENT! Awesome Deal Eibach

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
Pro-Street Coilover (returned so technically used), but marked way down for 07-13 GTI. $700!!!! Same as model below, but a "used" set.

Eibach

Contact me direct, ASAP!!!

There are a few other VW items of the like.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Had a set in my car for a few years now. I don't see a lot of people that use these, but I love them. For $700 they're totally worth it.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
why were they returned?

Pooley

Ready to race!
Still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this thread the day it began and told my friend to jump on it since he wanted to lower his car and was about to get separate springs and shocks. My friend ended up buying this particular kit from Tire Rack through Sonny back around August 9th. He had a '13.5 Jetta GLI and Sonny helped make sure they would fit and did plenty of background work by connecting with Eibach to confirm compatibility and such. My friend said that Sonny really helped him out.

Now I use the term "had" for my friend's car because my friend ended up trading in that GLI earlier this week on a '16 GTI that came brand new from the dealer with Rotiform rims, VWR springs, H&R sways F+R, VWR exhaust, and a CTS intake already installed and no miles on the odometer. His GLI had over 100kmi on it and just had a used engine and turbo installed due to a timing tensioner failure this summer. He didn't even have the car back from the dealer when he bought this kit from Tire Rack, and I was going to install it on the car this past Monday morning but didn't have time. So as of tonight these Eibach coilovers are sitting in my garage, never having been installed on his GLI, packaged the way they came from Tire Rack. I'm thinking of tossing them on my car to see how they feel compared to the Koni coilovers I've had for the past year, then selling whichever set I don't want. The Koni's are great, but why not try these Eibach's out while they're sitting in my garage? :D

BTW-That '16 GTI is very nice. Rides great and is very smooth. The quicker steering ratio in the Mk7 is awesome.

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
I saw this thread the day it began and told my friend to jump on it since he wanted to lower his car and was about to get separate springs and shocks. My friend ended up buying this particular kit from Tire Rack through Sonny back around August 9th. He had a '13.5 Jetta GLI and Sonny helped make sure they would fit and did plenty of background work by connecting with Eibach to confirm compatibility and such. My friend said that Sonny really helped him out.

Now I use the term "had" for my friend's car because my friend ended up trading in that GLI earlier this week on a '16 GTI that came brand new from the dealer with Rotiform rims, VWR springs, H&R sways F+R, VWR exhaust, and a CTS intake already installed and no miles on the odometer. His GLI had over 100kmi on it and just had a used engine and turbo installed due to a timing tensioner failure this summer. He didn't even have the car back from the dealer when he bought this kit from Tire Rack, and I was going to install it on the car this past Monday morning but didn't have time. So as of tonight these Eibach coilovers are sitting in my garage, never having been installed on his GLI, packaged the way they came from Tire Rack. I'm thinking of tossing them on my car to see how they feel compared to the Koni coilovers I've had for the past year, then selling whichever set I don't want. The Koni's are great, but why not try these Eibach's out while they're sitting in my garage? :D

BTW-That '16 GTI is very nice. Rides great and is very smooth. The quicker steering ratio in the Mk7 is awesome.

On the bright side, MKVII!

Pooley

Ready to race!
On the bright side, MKVII!
True. Super nice car.

Sonny-Thanks for your help with my friend, he said he appreciated the extra time you put into make sure the coils would fit his car and the calls to Eibach. He was so excited to get them installed on his car but then he got a good deal on the Mk7 and felt it was best to take the deal.

The tool to spin the shock collars was missing from the kit and he said they were on back order. Whenever he gets that tool he's going to get it to me. Otherwise they look like they were never used on the street at all. Only wear were some wrench marks on the top nuts of the struts. Not a scratch at all and the accordion pieces are spotless.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

2 things.
One ive never ever ever heard of a dealer putting all those performance parts on a brand new car.
two how does a car have zero miles... even brand new rolling on the dealership there's usually 10-50 miles on the odometer.

Last edited:

Pooley

Ready to race!
2 things.
One ive never ever ever heard of a dealer putting all those performance parts on a brand new car.
two how does a car have zero miles... even brand new rolling on the dealership there's usually 10-50 miles on the odometer.
Didn't literally mean "zero" miles. That's not possible. Ha. Had around 50 or so, probably test drives since it's a '16 which means it's been on the lot a while.

And yup, the dealer bought and installed all those parts. He took home the original wheels and tires as well. It's a dealer in Allentown, PA. Guessing since it was sitting on the lot someone at the dealer decided to spruce it up a bit to try to get the car off the lot. They initially marked up the sticker a ton to cover mods and their full labor price, but in the end they knocked a bunch off to get the deal done.

My friend that bought the car said he's heard of a dealer someplace else, think he said in another state, that does similar things often.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk