GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

boost controller?!

loki0303

Im looking to start building my mk6 and completely new to the vw. is a manual controller worth putting on these cars?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
No. Only tunes available. Best tuner in the VW TDI business is "Malone".

Modern cars are so well controlled by computers that if there's something off it'll toss a check engine light at you. Chances are very good that a manual boost controller will also throw a code and the car will run like poo.

Also this is advice I've seen time and time again and it bears repeating here as well:
"It never pays to be cheap"
That goes double for German cars in general.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Modern TDIs use variable vane turbochargers. A manual boost controller would most likely kill it quickly along with the CEL ATR mentioned.

Wait; just saw your profile; do you have a TDI or a GTI...? Big difference...

gliitch

Ready to race!
Best tuner in the VW TDI business is "Malone".

this is subjective and also depends on what you mean by "best". best mileage, best perfomance, best price, easiest to install (port flash?), best availability?

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Im looking to start building my mk6 and completely new to the vw. is a manual controller worth putting on these cars?

As stated before: No. It is not worth it to put a manual controller on this car.

The boost is controller electronically with something called a N75. It's basically like an electronic boost controller. This means that you can change boost through the ECU, no wrenching required. Get yourself a tune and you'll see how much boost can be changed without even touching the engine bay.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Is a apr tune the best for these cars?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Figure it out for yourself man! Research it, there's joy in learning