GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PITTSBURGH Mkvi's

Tg2098

Passed Driver's Ed
A quick lesson in Pittsburghese 101. If looking at a map of Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas, anything south of the city is considered "south hills" anything north of city "north hills", etc, etc.... So the airport would be west.

Having said that, would be more then willing to share my thoughts and/or take you for a spin if we should meet up to let you see what APR stage II is like.

good deal well i guess im in the west hills area then Moon township to be exact, heading out white water rafting but ill pm you my number and well figure something out sooner or later

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
ugh... want a bigger turbo and LSD

anyone have a GT2871R they want to get rid of for like 100$? I'll even throw in a dinner with flyby.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Bigger turbo!!! The LSD is awesome too. Lol.
Ugh, I don't know what to do with this car. I just keeping replacing mods I've already done because it's getting boring. I need to either BIG turbo it, part it and trade it on a 135i, wait for the mk7 R, on just leave it alone and build the fox body I've been wanting to do for like 5 years now. So many options!

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Ugh, I don't know what to do with this car. I just keeping replacing mods I've already done because it's getting boring. I need to either BIG turbo it, part it and trade it on a 135i, wait for the mk7 R, on just leave it alone and build the fox body I've been wanting to do for like 5 years now. So many options!

Tough choices for sure!

I'd keep the MK6. You have quite the setup and would be a bitch to partout. If your bored with it what about adding a w/m setup so that you can run that K04 in 100 oct mode? That should wake you up a bit. And if that doesn't do the trick then a Fox body with a big ass blower under the hood certainly should! :drool:

Just my .02.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Tough choices for sure!

I'd keep the MK6. You have quite the setup and would be a bitch to partout. If your bored with it what about adding a w/m setup so that you can run that K04 in 100 oct mode? That should wake you up a bit. And if that doesn't do the trick then a Fox body with a big ass blower under the hood certainly should! :drool:

Just my .02.

Well, the MK6 is currently reliable, so I really don't want to mess with watermeth. Especially since the K04 V3.1 tune is VERY aggressive in 100 octane mode. Worrying about filling up a tank, buying meth...all of that crap just puts a bad taste in my mouth. I've never been a fan of meth. When it works it works pretty well, but when and if it doesn't you're in a world of shit. The aquamist is like 1000 bucks, and is the only system I'd do. And in that case I might as well just go 3+. Everytime someone parts there car with a 3+ they end end selling it for like 2500 bucks.

I've been on a fox body mission for a while. I had one for my first car, worked on a ton of them, watched my dad drag race one every weekend, etc. I just want one. The drag race car is still sitting down behind my dad's shop, like it has been for the past 8 years untouched. I got in running before I moved to Cleveland in 2011 and that thing runs good. TONS of good parts on it. Before he ran out of time to run it anymore, and it started sitting behind his shop collecting dust and tree shit, it ran 11.0's at ~128 with a basic bolt on 302 and a shit ton of Nitrous. Slicks and 1.3 60' times help a little too. Not to mention it's pretty stripped and weighs like 2500 lbs :laugh:

My plan is to take that thing, and either turbo (maybe twin?) the motor that's in it or put a supercharged coyote motor (new 5.0) in it. Depends on what I can get it for. I'm pretty sure if I tell him I'll put a turbo on it and daily drive it / take it to the strip every weekend he'd just give it to me. LOL. I gotta start busting his balls about it again and see where I end up. :w00t:

Any holy hell I just wrote a book...

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Well, the MK6 is currently reliable, so I really don't want to mess with watermeth. Especially since the K04 V3.1 tune is VERY aggressive in 100 octane mode. Worrying about filling up a tank, buying meth...all of that crap just puts a bad taste in my mouth. I've never been a fan of meth. When it works it works pretty well, but when and if it doesn't you're in a world of shit. The aquamist is like 1000 bucks, and is the only system I'd do. And in that case I might as well just go 3+. Everytime someone parts there car with a 3+ they end end selling it for like 2500 bucks.

I've been on a fox body mission for a while. I had one for my first car, worked on a ton of them, watched my dad drag race one every weekend, etc. I just want one. The drag race car is still sitting down behind my dad's shop, like it has been for the past 8 years untouched. I got in running before I moved to Cleveland in 2011 and that thing runs good. TONS of good parts on it. Before he ran out of time to run it anymore, and it started sitting behind his shop collecting dust and tree shit, it ran 11.0's at ~128 with a basic bolt on 302 and a shit ton of Nitrous. Slicks and 1.3 60' times help a little too. Not to mention it's pretty stripped and weighs like 2500 lbs :laugh:

My plan is to take that thing, and either turbo (maybe twin?) the motor that's in it or put a supercharged coyote motor (new 5.0) in it. Depends on what I can get it for. I'm pretty sure if I tell him I'll put a turbo on it and daily drive it / take it to the strip every weekend he'd just give it to me. LOL. I gotta start busting his balls about it again and see where I end up. :w00t:

Any holy hell I just wrote a book...

And what a good book it was sir LOL!

You bring up some good points. I'd still like to "someday" do a meth setup. realistically it probably won't be for a long time yet though. I like the sounds of the aquamist but damn does the install seem intimidating. I sort of like the Coolingmist cmgs system at the moment.

That stang sounds pretty bad ass. Always see LOTS of them at the local car cruises. I'd say go for it!

leifg

Passed Driver's Ed
^ Agreed! And tuning is fun but I suppose not for all.

As for the get together, I think we've been going around and around about this for a while now. Looking at the weather forecast for the next few we might have to trade in for boats too. This weekend for me might be kind of open if some south hills locals would want to meet up at the park or something, even if it meant dirty cars and dodging rain drops and such. Just sayin'.
Saturday I am busy. I have time Sunday or we could plan for something next week during an evening...
I would also vote for building up the mustang...sounds like it was quite the car at one point. Have you considered a M235? Or do you just happen to like the 135's?

Saw two MK6's last night...a black GTI turning left onto Cochran from Bower Hill around 7:30 and a CW GTI turning right off of Cochran onto Beverly about 15 minutes later. The CW GTI had a bike rack....anyone on here?

Last edited:

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Saturday I am busy. I have time Sunday or we could plan for something next week during an evening...

I would also vote for building up the mustang...sounds like it was quite the car at one point. Have you considered a M235? Or do you just happen to like the 135's?

Saw to MK6's last night...a black GTI turning left onto Cochran from Bower Hill around 7:30 and a CW GTI turning right off of Cochran onto Beverly. The CW GTI had a bike rack....anyone on here?

I've considered it. Those things are damn pricey though. I've done some researching a couple days ago actually and there is actually a huge debate on how underated they are. STOCK ones are dynoing ~400whp. With a tune they are almost 500whp. That's just ridiculous. These newer motors coming out recently, like this new N55 and the gen 3 TSI are incredible.

I'm really just looking to build something FAST. Like really fast. And mechanical, and RWD. I don't want any of this electronic nanny crap. Manual steering, no abs, a rugged gearbox, a straight axle, cage and the ability to whip it sideways whenever I want. I would be shooting for 800whp in the foxbody. In something that weighs 2500 pounds it should be REALLY fun. I'd take that anyway I could, so a 200 shot of nitrous would be fine. The motor in it is already used to a 150 shot, so I'm thinking I can drop in some rods and lower compression pistons, either convert it to EFI with a huge fuel system or find a massive carb. My dad's Shelby makes 780whp, so I'd want to at least top that to piss him off. Haha.

I guess the MK6 is a good daily, but driving a 1000cc motorcycle for the most part of every summer leaves me disgusted when I get back in the car. It feels like I'm driving a stock car. 350whp just isn't what it used to be!

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion

Cool, my Sundays looking decent (at the moment) as well. Weather seems to be a little better that day as well. Maybe we can get a small meet going? Anyone else?

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Our next YoDubs meet is September 17 at 5:30 in Canfield, OH if anyone is interested. Its not too bad of a drive from Pitt and our turn outs are usually pretty decent

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Anybody interested in some BFI Engine Mounts? Full Stage 1 Engine Mount with updated Black Poly as of 2k miles ago and new bolts. Stage 1 trans insert has some miles, but no signs of compression/wear/anything else.

Not off the car yet as I'm waiting for my new set of mounts. $200 installed or $150 picked up.

slickmike

"Speaking of Autocross, and I know this is a little early but NHSCC (LINK) starts their season back up Sept. 17. If anyone is interested I usually go w/ my step dad in his Mk5 rabbit and you're welcome to hang with us. We usually bring a tent, chairs, Food, Drinks and a handful of misc. tools.

There is also a Steel City SCCA Solo this Sunday the 24th (LINK) and was wondering if there were any regulars of the club here or if anyone would like to go check it out."

I have done the NHSCC a bit with my Porsche 944, but haven't Autox with the GTI yet. Looking forward to seeing what it can do. I will be out there for the October 5th, we should meet up. I was also up there Sunday while the Steel City SCCA at PittRace. I was instructing on the track but watched a few runs of a CW 2 door MK6, was that you?

Last edited: